Stylistic Q584 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by tijo, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anfanglir

Anfanglir Pen Pal - Newbie

Did some more testing of palm rejection after the restore. It works when I'm holding the pen in hand and have the tip of the pen within one centimeter of the screen. Without pen it doesn't work. On my Asus Vivotab tf810c palm rejection works regardless if I hold the pen or not.

What about the rest of you, does palm rejection work without pen on your Q584's?

Anfanglir

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    Mesosphere likes this.
  2. njf

njf Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered the tablet plus the separate UK keyboard and the sleeve case to be shipped to me in Spain from the UK. The keyboard and case would take a little longer. Well, the tablet just arrived. So far, really pleased with it. Great display. But the best thing is that, when I opened the box, I found a UK keyboard inside even though it's not mentioned on the outside of the box. So I've cancelled the order for the separate keyboard and that's saved a lot of money! I don't know whether this is some kind of mistake as absolutely no one in the UK, including my supplier, says the keyboard comes supplied.with the tablet. The box was brand new and sealed. Fujitsu's UK website says nothing about the item number including a keyboard. Surprised but very happy.

Tams and dellaster like this.
  3. Anfanglir

nice surprise njf!
    the Q584s available in Sweden all have the keyboard included it seems like.

4. njf

njf Pen Pal - Newbie

I see that Crucial are selling some larger mSATA drives that they guarantee are compatible with the Q584, including a 512Gb one. I am sure that replacing the drive will void at least that part of the warranty about its being waterproof and dustproof, but does any one know how easy it is to replace the drive? I might even think about it in a while if it's easy.

5. edaniels

edaniels Scribbler - Standard Member

does ms office come installed?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

6. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I think it depends on how you configure it. I think if you get it with Windows 8.1 (not pro), it can include Office home and student free. Don't take my word for it though. The free version won't include it doesn't include Outlook though.

7. tijo

tijo Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So today, I decided to embark on a journey to find a fix for the no eraser behavior with the Wacom pens on the Q584. I believe I have found a solution that should work permanently, however, I have not yet had time to extensively test whether there are any negative repercussions to this. You will likely need to recalibrate your digitizer afterwards though.

Also, before I go into the details, a word of warning: This requires you to delete a file in the System32 folder and that folder contains critical Windows components, so it should not be done lightly and you should always thread carefully with anything you do there.

There is a file called ISDTabletDefault in system32. It is a .xml file and ISD Tablet*ISD Touch happen to be files that should be related to the Wacom driver if it's installed. I haven't analyzed the content of the file, but I would venture that it holds the defaults Fuji used for the Q584 in their factory image. So, I simply uninstalled the Wacom drivers, deleted the file (put it in the recycle bin really and it'll remain there until I can assess any potentially negative impacts from deleting it) and reinstalled the Wacom drivers, With some restarts in between steps obviously and lo and behold, the eraser on the pen is now working as it should.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
    Bronsky likes this.
  8. Anfanglir

For me it was enough to enable eraser in the control panel.

/ Anfanglir

9. tijo

tijo Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Do you mean the workaround of setting the pen to a two buttons one and setting the second button to the eraser or something else entirely?

10. Anfanglir

oh sorry missed your question tijo. I meant binding the button of the pen to erase instead of right-click. Tip of pen for annotating, button for erase. What did you mean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.