Stylistic Q584 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by tijo, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anfanglir

Anfanglir Pen Pal - Newbie

The Q584 is finally available in Sweden! I've just ordered the version with max water proofing: ipx8 (which mean no smart card reader). It comes with 4G/LTE. If I'm lucky I should get it before the weekend. :)

Anfanglir

2. Zoonami

Zoonami Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everyone,

I just received my Q584 yesterday, and I posted an unboxing video to YouTube today. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC1sDg4Sqiw

I will be doing a review and a comparison to a Dell Venue 11 Pro soon, and will post the video(s) to YouTube.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    Anfanglir and dellaster like this.
  3. ziphnor

ziphnor Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know where to find product codes for the keyboard dock for various regions? The q584 is priced insanely in Denmark (more than $2000 for the 128gb version). I will be going to the US this summer and considered picking it up there, but i don't want a US keyboard. I was thinking that id buy the q584 itself in the US and the keyboard dock in Denmark, but i am having trouble finding the keyboard dock, which is where a product code would help.

Btw, does anyone know if there is a good international warranty on these?

4. njf

njf Pen Pal - Newbie

The keyboard dock part number is S26391-F1272-L2 followed by the country specific number. For example, I believe UK keyboard is S26391-F1272-L225 (although I don't have mine yet), the German keyboard is S26391-F1272-L221 and the Norwegian one is S26391-F1272-L246.

It looks like the Danish one is also S26391-F1272-L246. Is the keyboard the same for Norway and Denmark? Here is one place that sells it in Denmark.

5. ziphnor

ziphnor Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you, that is what i call service :) The S26391-F1272-L246 is listed as "Nordic" which probably refers to Sweden, Denmark and Norway. Its pretty common that the same keyboard is used, they usually just write multiple labels on the few keys that differ.

However the Q584 will still become pretty expensive in total. Even the 64gb version will cost $879 + $300 (!) for the Nordic keyboard. I am thinking that perhaps i can make do with a Lenovo Miix 10 2 for $650 (danish price).

6. fvig2001

fvig2001 Scribbler - Standard Member

I am so interested in getting this tablet but I wanted to ask some questions to you owners.

1. So the US version has micro-sim slots but they don't work?
    2. Can you read/send SMS messages like a cellphone?
    3. Can you receive/make phone calls like a cellphone?
    4. Is the dock necessary or can the keyboard suffice?
    5. How's the battery drain when you leave Wifi-on and the tablet's on standby?

Part of me just wants to replace my Galaxy Note 10.1 with this.

7. Anfanglir

My Q584 finally arrived today, one week late :\. Unit looks, good, No flaws found so far. :) As reported previously by many ppl the white is not as bright as for example my Asus Vivotab TF810C, but I knew that when I ordered the unit. I really only noticed it when I put the two screens next to each other with apps with white background open. Colours look good when watching vheideos etc.

I love the fact that the digital pen has a silo so you always have it at hand. However, the pen has no eraser. I tried the pen from the Vívotab, but the Q584 don't recognise that the top of the Vivotab pen is an eraser (it also makes marks).

EDIT: the eraser could be enabled in the control panel, and binded to the select button of the q584 pen, all good! Vivtab pen works as well. :)
    At first auto-rotate didn't work, and was not present as an option in the Control Panel. It appeared after reboot, funny!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    tijo and dellaster like this.
  8. Anfanglir

Out of curiosity I installed XCom Enemy Unknown/Within on the Q584 from Steam. It actually works! I played through a full mission. Granted, with low graphics settings and some stuttering, but still playable. While the purpose of this unit clearly isn't gaming, a game of XCom might ease the boredoom of another night at a hotel when on fieldwork. :)

tijo and dellaster like this.
  9. Anfanglir

hmm it turns out I have a problem with palm rejection, when annotating pdf's. I think this problem has appeared along the way. Haven't worked with annotating pdf's until today, but I have tried different settings for pens the last couple of day's and I think I should have noticed this problem before(?). Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I have tried changing various settings, and working in different PDF apps, to no avail. I OK a fujitsu update yesterday, that may have caused it? Trying a system restore now... :\

EDIT2: system restore helped.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  10. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sorry to hear that, Anfanglir. I just tried annotation with Drawboard PDF and also the stock Reader Modern app. No problems with palm rejection. I have bios 1.18, never updated, and I haven't done any other Fujitsu updates either.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Anfanglir likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.