Stylistic Q584 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by tijo, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schlave

Schlave Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm seeing micro-SIM availability being bandied about on ebay offers. Is broadband really so widely available on this device?

If it came standard, I'd buy one right now.

2. tijo

tijo Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'd have to take a look at the list of hardware devices in mine. Officially, mine didn't come with broadband, but the hardware might be there. There is a slot for a SIM, so there are definitely plans for broadband, but it wasn't an option in Canada. However, Canada, we always get the shaft on some things...

3. dellaster

dellaster On Hiatus Senior Member

The US configuration (there's only one) does not have cellular option(s) yet either.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

4. cliric

cliric Pen Pal - Newbie

Gosh! I didn't realize the 3G/4G modem is not populated. I thought if the microSIM card is prezent, the modem is there too. I checked the specs, it seems it is not available yet!

I almost pulled the trigger. Now I think maybe I should wait a little bit more :(

5. njf

njf Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for all the helpful advice. I am close to biting the bullet and ordering one now that they are available in the UK.

I am also interested in buying the folio case. Can you please let me know the measurements of the case when closed with the tablet in it?

6. njf

njf Pen Pal - Newbie

Having looked at the US and other websites, it never occurred to me that you don't get a working SIM card slot Stateside. I've just rechecked with the company I will probably be buying from in the UK and they have confirmed mine will definitely have 4G/LTE, even though I only need 3G. That was one of the main things that brought me to the Q584. There are very few tablets in Europe that have cellular service as well as the at least Full HD I need in a tablet.

7. way2lazy

way2lazy Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anybody tried using any sort of art applications? Photoshop/sketchpad/manga studio?

Somebody mentioned in the other thread trying it, but never posted any impressions. I'm really interested in the tablet, but not sure if it will function as an art tablet.

8. tijo

Since I'm a scientist and not an artist, I haven't tried art programs really. The only thing I did try was Fresh Paint. There is one thing I can say while comparing it to clover trail, it's that there is no vectoring if you are drawing fast with bay trail and there was a ton of it with clover trail. I still doubt that it will handle photoshop at levels most would consider acceptable, it's still no core i. Anything that had a near decent experience on previous atom should be enjoyable on bay trail tablets, Q584 included.

9. njf

njf Pen Pal - Newbie

After agonising for a couple of days over whether I should spend so much money on a tablet, I ordered mine yesterday from the UK for shipping to me in Spain. I've ordered mine from the company Fujitsu UK referred me to. The price was pretty much the same as from the companies that show up on internet searches. The guy I spoke to was extremely helpful and clearly interested in helping me. Another benefit is that they can also get me the UK slice keyboard and the sleeve case. Hopefully, I will be sent the tablet and keyboard at the end of next week with the case following a week later. I have also ordered a Vikuti screen protector from the manufacturer. I have used their screen protectors before and found them well made.

I am also seriously thinking about getting the Sandisk 128Gb Micro SDXC card for it although nobody seems to have any more stock at the moment. If I do, I should end up with over 200Gb of usable storage.

So, wish me luck I should have the Q584 within a couple weeks and I'm really looking forward to it.

Cheers.

10. tijo

Completely missed that post, sorry. I'll take the time to measure and post it since it'll be helpful for others anyways.

EDIT: case dimensions added to the first post.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.