Stylistic Q584 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by tijo, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Always on my list of dream devices. Never enough spare change to afford one. Three kids'll keep you broke.

2. tijo

tijo Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Haha, yeah.

I am in the process of making tutorials for using simulation software for the undergrads on the side and that'll give me some spare change for my next tech purchase. Given that I'll likely be TA in a class where we use said software for a couple more years, it'll not only save me some pain, but I'll be making extra money for making my job easier.

I went with the Pro over the Basic version because it uses the same hardware as the Elite, so all you need to buy is the software upgrade rather than a whole new device if you ever decide to go one notch above.

Also, someone at ArsTechnica suggested that I do a Q584 vs explosion event. While it would be cool, I don't think I'll be doing that anytime soon. The funny thing is that I could actually do it if I wanted to. working in a chemistry related field does have it's "advantages". And now that I have said this, I will get flagged by the NSA.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    Mesosphere likes this.
  3. dellaster

dellaster On Hiatus Senior Member

I rip a DVD on average once every two months so it's not worth it for me to have a beast of a computer for it. ;)

I shall anxiously await the results of your Datacolor Spyder 4 Pro!

4. SJA

SJA Pen Pal - Newbie

Do tell I which 3rd party program enabled you to merge the recovery partition with the C: partition. Many thanks!

5. dellaster

Wonderful, I have now joined the static/buzz while using headphones club. It's very noticeable. :eek:

6. dellaster

EaseUS free version DID NOT work. It failed during preboot. I read that the paid version would work but after cleaning out the malware that somehow got on my Q584 even though I was very careful with selections during install... Well, I didn't feel like giving them my money.

AOMEI Partition Assistant is what worked for me. The paid version since I'd just been burned trying a "free" one and I saw that it was just $19 with the CNET discount:

http://www.disk-partition.com/specials/cnet-giveaway.html

The free version might do it, too. I can't say.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

7. tijo

Honestly, I'd just boot into a gparted live USB and do it from there or parted magic should also work. You might want a mouse and kb for this though as gparted definitely wasn't made for touch.

8. dellaster

One week in...

Too bad about the static-in-headphones. I was so glad to have (apparently) dodged the bullet on that one that the disappointment when it finally turned up was probably worse than if it was from box-opening. I bought it expecting to have that problem, since everyone has so far (that I know of). Oh well, it's not a big issue. It's not noticeable when listening to music/videos and that's the only time I normally have headphones on anyway.

There's something off about the volume with headphones that may be related. I shouldn't have to drop the slide to 10/100 to avoid blasting my eardrums. I was going to uninstall the Realtek driver and see if Windows would install a generic that didn't have that issue, but when I went to download the Realtek driver installation this morning (to reinstall if it didn't work) the Fujitsu Q584 drivers page came up null (empty). They were there yesterday. Hm, 64-bit drivers a-coming, maybe? :confused:

Battery
    Good battery life here, according to my own seat-of-the-pants feeling and this powercfg /batteryreport:

BatteryReport.jpg

I can live with a mere nine hours or so, on average. :D

Charging is slower than with the SP2: 3 hrs from 6% to full vs 2 hrs claimed for the Surface Pro 2. I can also somehow get by with a slower charge rate. ;)

Other than static-in-headphones (and the inevitable few non-crucial-for-me legacy programs that don't scale well) I have nothing negative to report. I'm about to skip off to tablet nirvana with this one. It's everything I had wished for as a TPT2 upgrade. I'm fairly close to being completely satisfied. It ain't for everyone but it looks like this is the one for me. :thumbsup:

dceggert and JoeS like this.
  9. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

So where is the in depth Youtube review video?

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

10. tijo

I don't really have what it takes to make a decent video, but if another owner makes one, I'll be more than happy to embed it in the first post with a huge thanks to [] message.

My Spyder 4 is on its way, so I'll probably have it today or tomorrow. The actual calibration might have to wait a little, but by sunday, I'll have it done for sure.

also, added pictures taken with the tablet under somewhat low light condition with and without the flash.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.