Stylistic Q584 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by tijo, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Everybody seemed to be bidding on the Q584. I stopped at $150, which was all I was willing to pay to cherry pick a device that I really don't need. The Q704's are going for not much more than the Q584 sold for.

2. AnnAAyms

AnnAAyms Pen Pal - Newbie

I am surprised too. It seems like the added keyboard/cover/stand really does add to what people are willing to bid. I'm not sure it is worth the 70 to 80 dollar premium I've seen these last two weeks but it is a nice accessory.

3. Bronsky

dellaster likes this.
  4. Bronsky

This Q584 was one of the first that showed up on the Fuji outlet in a while. The $299 winning bid reflects that. Almost $70 more than the last one.

5. dellaster

dellaster Technomad Senior Member

A FYI for any others besides me with a Q584 still in regular service: the Windows 10 Creators Update finally showed up on mine. With crossed fingers I allowed it to upgrade. It went smoothly, without a hitch, and my Fuji appears to be fully functional. No performance degradation or anything.

Prior to his I wondered if MS quietly dropped support for 32-bit Bay Trail chips along with the Clover Trail & older Atoms. Guess not (yet!).

Yao likes this.
  6. opter

opter Pen Pal - Newbie

Q584 power throttling on Battery

Dear all, I hope, I'm not too late for this device: i run a Q584 with Windows 10 which works surprisingly smooth when powered externally. However, when I unplug power and the device runs on battery, it immediately throttles the processor to 800MHz which renders the device almost useless. I don't care about long battery life, I more care about using the device.

Any ideas how to stop the Q584 from throttling the processor in battery mode?
    Anything is welcome!

Regards,
    Felix

7. dellaster

dellaster Technomad Senior Member

8. opter

opter Pen Pal - Newbie

@dellaster - Thanks for the pointer

Unfortunately, the procedures described in the mentioned article didn't change anything in my Q584:
    Immediately, when I pull the power plug, the CPU frequency shown in the Task-Manager in the performance tab falls from ~2GHz to 0.8GHz and the screen dimms a little (which would be OK).
    With a maximum frequencvy of 0.8GHz, the tablet is almost unusable.

I have the suspicion, that this throttling is done somehow in the BIOS, but I have no idea whether this is true.
    The BIOS on my device is 3.05 dated 04/28/2015. Is there anything more recent out there? Where can I get the latest BIOS. I couldn't find it anywhere on the Fujitsu-PC pages.

Any help is highly appreciated, as the must go to the trashcan otherwise which I'd rerally like to avoid.

Thanks an regards,
    Felix

9. opter

opter Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello again everybody,
    Meanwhile, I could confirm, that th throttling obviously was some issue with my Windows 10 installation in the Q584.
    I tried a clean Windows 10 install, and no throttling anymore. unfortunately, there is alsno no Pen/Digitizer anymore neither which is of course a bad thing. :(

So question: When you have a Windows 10 running on the Q584, which version do you use? 32Bit or 64Bit?
    where did you obtain the drivers? The only drivers I can find are from this page here: http://www.shopfujitsu.com/CSPortal/supportsearch.do Unfortunately, there are only Windows 8.1 32bit drivers, no 64bit drivers are available.
    Is there any source for 64bit drivers?

What is the difference between the Q584 and the Q584 Black Edition? Mine is black, but is it the black edition?

Any pointers welcome. thanks and cheers!
    Felix