Stylistic Q584 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by tijo, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

There is just something so satisfying about seeing the battery capacity indicator jump from nearly zero to 100% in about 30 seconds (mostly bootup time) =)

2. terry mc

terry mc Scribbler - Standard Member

Well I played with mine all weekend and it worked very well other than it is truly designed for right handed people. Being left handed you pull the stylus out and place your right hand over the empty silo.
    That silo is actually sharp and annoying after a while.
    Really really wanted to love it after all the great Fuji's I have had, but.....
    I use mine in the field for hours and I know this would make me regret it after a while, so minor hit on the cost of shipping and mine is gone.

So I sold mine off to a right handed family member and did just what you are talking about Ron, I went on Lenovos site tonight and bought a 64 bit pro 128 GB refurbished TPT10.
    Cost me twice what I bought the Fuji for but it has twice the SSD size.
    I hope I like this as much as my old TPT2 with twice the speed and memory.
    And even longer run time than the TPT2 according to notebook check.
    Good additional information 30 day return, of course with a restocking fee, and a 1 year warranty.

dceggert likes this.
  3. fatpolomanjr

fatpolomanjr Scribbler - Standard Member

If you liked the TPT2 then you'll love the TP10.

4. terry mc

terry mc Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the feedback on the TP10.
    I am sure I will love it, I have found the TPT2 to be the perfect field substitute for my laptop.
    I used my T4220 and then T900 out on the jobsite all the time until I got my TPT2.
    I had a TPT1 and that helped but I needed a windows machine to work with my equipment, hence the -2.

It is great to not carry around a 6lb. machine while performing tests on construction sites.

5. augenblick

augenblick Pen Pal - Newbie

How can I install 64bit OS to this device? If not possible, I also want to upgrade my mSATA to 128GB mSATA that I have. What is the less painful way to transfer data from one to another msata drive? Is a USB stick a solution? Many thanks

6. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

All these Intel Atom devices use eMMC instead of SSDs and it's most likely, that the eMMC is soldered and not replaceable.

Mesosphere likes this.
  7. Jamon

Jamon Scribbler - Standard Member

Can someone do a quick test:
    1. Put phone camera against white part of tablet screen
    2. Lower tablet brightness while looking at phone camera app
    3. Do you see scrolling lines? Reply with the answer

8. asfletch

asfletch Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow I can see why the Black Edition is more desirable, but one on eBay DE I was following just went for 1270 Euros (about $1430) - surely that's over the odds! Think I might turn my attention back to Elitepad 1000s...

9. Groundhog

Groundhog Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi folks,

yesterday my Q584 arrived and first thing I wanted to do is install Win8-64. Managed to disable Secure Boot, set up a bootable USB-stick with Windows 8.1-64 but the system only wants to start from the SSD. The USB-stick wasn't recognized at startup, only the SSD available in the BIOS' bootmenu.
    Do I have to get an external USB-DVD-drive or does ist simply not work at all?
    As far as I know, the Q584 Black Edition comes with Win64 and has identical hardware, so somehow it should be possible to install Win8-64 on the device.

Any hints for me? If it is possible to install, I can't believe no one here has tried and suceeded.

Thx + greetings,

Michael

10. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

The Q584 Black Edition has a newer CPU with full x64 support. Don't know if the old Q584 can run Win x64.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.