Stylistic Q584 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by tijo, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Actually, yes, with the vibration happening when the button is pushed it means it is running. I bet the ribbon cable for the LCD screen is not making proper contact. The screen may have been replaced and the unit resold. It should have been verified as working before it was packed back up, however.

I recently had this same issue with my Elitepad 1000 when I replaced my busticated screen with a used one myself. Until I got that ribbon cable aligned correctly to make the LCD work it was completely off with no feedback other than the 'buzz' when the power or Winders button was pushed. For a considerable amount of time I thought the used panel I picked up was broken but it turned out to be only the connection.

ron2k_1 likes this.
  2. terry mc

terry mc Scribbler - Standard Member

Ron,
    It still sucks that you have had so many problems.
    Even if they get everything resolved it leaves a bad taste.

I just got mine yesterday.
    It is working good.
    I will say that in some ways I like my old Thinkpad Tablet 2 better.
    There are a couple things that I really do not like.
    One is the stylus location bottom right corner obviously Fujitsu thought everyone is right handed, for me I am left handed and once the stylus is out of the silo it leaves sharp edges in your support hand.
    The other is the sharp edges all around the perimeter, it is just not that comfortable to hold even though it is thin and light.
    Hate the white color, and last I feel that the screen while higher resolution has less contrast.

I know it sounds like I hate the device but in general it is nice but like any device has its draw backs.

Positive attributes,
    It is definitely faster than my old tablet.
    I like the water resistant nature.
    I do not know if any other TPT 2 owners have tried this but if you try pairing the TPT 2 keyboard it will pair with the Fuji perfectly. Yay!!!
    Now I do not have to buy a keyboard from Fuji.
    The Keyboard still has that aweful angle it does with the Lenovos, but some trimming of the backstop has fixed that.

Now for a decent case and a dock and I think we will be good to go. Too bad ArmourDog does not make a case for it.

All said, being the long time Fujitsu fan that I have been I still wonder if maybe I might have been happier with a TPT-10.

ron2k_1 likes this.
  3. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Ron, I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for what you're going through. I don't know if this helps or hurts, but my experiences with Fujitsu support in the past have been similar and I pretty much swore off their products years ago for that reason. To me, they're very Gestapo-like with both their policies (no service manuals to owners, parts only sold by them direct, etc) and many of their CSRs attitudes. I hope you can get it working; if not, consider it a relatively inexpensive education about that company. I realize many here swear by their products, but let's just say it's far from a consistent experience. Jeff

ron2k_1 likes this.
  4. terry mc

Has anyone used powercfg/batteryreport on their 584?
    I keep getting that I do not have permission even though I am signed in as administrator.

5. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Did you run CMD.exe as an administrator? It isn't enough to be signed in as an administrator because of UAC.

upload_2015-1-25_12-39-36.png

6. terry mc

I finally got it to work.
    I had to change the search from cmd and using the drop down of run as administrator to typing cmd.exe and just executing it.

The bad news is when using the projected battery life report at the end which was very accurate on my TPT2 almost to the minute.
    This unit is showing a 5 hr battery life even though the battery has more than its design capacity so far.

Hopefully this is just due very little history to work with.
    Because my TPT lasts longer than this and is several years old.
    This would be very disappointing especially with the dedicated charge port.

7. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Hey Thanks man!

I'd definitely feel that $350 (plus other costs) if this thing turn out to be a dud. I could've used that money to buy a TPT10 or some other new toy. Since @Mesosphere bought that Samsung VR Gear I've been wanting to try one out....

I'm not that entirely in disarray. I didn't really needed this thing. I just wanted a tablet to do media consumption while my phone is charging - my phone is down to 20% by 7-8pm so while it's charging I'm left stranded and resort to TV or some other boring endeavor like talking to girlfriend, or feed the fish... This was cheap and with good specs and for whatever reason I gravitated towards this over the TPT.

I haven't sent it back. Fuji is waiting for it but a work colleague is not leaving to the US until this weekend. I assume he'll not be in any rush to mail it for me once he gets there, and he's not coming back till sometime in March. So I may not see this thing again till probably May.

I included a sheet of paper detailing all the issues I found. They didn't want to take down all the problems I encountered so, hopefully they scan thru my problem sheet when troubleshooting.

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

8. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

A 90% cheaper solution to your low battery problem:
    http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Battery-Charger-Replacement/dp/B00NQG2XNC

The VR Gear is what prompted me to buy one =P It kills the GN4 battery in about 3 hours.

ron2k_1 likes this.
  9. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Swappable batteries. A true advantage of the Galaxy Phones. My kids swear by them.

Tams likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.