Strange problem with OneNote App

Discussion in 'Software' started by convergent, Sep 1, 2017.

1. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

Originally posted this in the nSP thread but got no response, so reposting here...

I'm seeing an intermittent problem with my nSP and can't quite figure out how to troubleshoot it. I'm noticing it now when in docked mode, running OneNote (App) on the nSP display. I starting a new page and start typing in text and at some point the page seems to lose the ability to type new text in. When its in this state, I can switch to other pages and other applications and back, and still not have the cursor show up in that one page. Other pages are fine. I can even ink on the page, but can't get a cursor to show to type. Typing results in nothing happening. After about 20-30 seconds, it starts working again. I was just on a call, and it did it about 10 times and eventually I gave up and started just using the pen. Anyone else seen anything like this? The OneNote notebook is synced to OneDrive for Business. Its not looking like its trying to sync and that is hung up because I can switch pages and ink.

2. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

This is driving me crazy and not been able to figure out what is causing it. OneNote 2016 doesn't exhibit the problem at all on the same pages, so its not a corrupt notebook I don't believe. I've tried creating new pages to no avail. It seems that what is going on is when I try to click into a text area, its actually creating a new text area that is way down about 2/3 of the screen lower than the bottom of the text area I'm trying to select. I discovered this when I found random text off the screen down lower on the page. Often I can't select those boxes down lower to delete them. It also seems to do this on the Surface Pro display, but if I drag it onto my external display, not getting exactly the same behaviour. I'm thinking my only option is to delete the OneNote App and try reinstalling it. For the short term I'm going to have to switch to OneNote 2016.

Ideas welcome.