Straight lines and curves!

Discussion in 'Software' started by kingjimmi, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bashi

Bashi Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there any tablet PC oriented software that lets one draw straight lines, curves and circles? I need some software for some basic geometry "sketches" (I'm not in need of anything too advanced - I would use MS Paint, but its graphics look rather dull and ugly). There seems to be a plethora of software sketching and drawing on the tablet PC, but they all seem to lack straight lines and curves? Perhaps I've missed something?

2. Daring

Daring Moderator

I'm not aware of any tablet specific drawing programs that do what you want but I'm sure there are some. Not sure what your budget is either. If all you need are some simple graphics, Word has some basic editing tools. I am not certain, but I think OpenOffice.org 2.0 also has some. Visio is another option. There are many others.

3. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Go to www.macromedia.com and check out "Fireworks". This app. will probably suit you well. There is a free 30 day trial.

4. Bashi

Bashi Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the advice guys. I have Adobe Illustrator, silly of me to forget. Hopefully they'll have something more Tablet PC oriented in the future.

5. dougshade

dougshade Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been using PhatPad on my Pocket PC and Desktop, and it's great for a fairly simple sketchpad type of program. The ink is very smooth, and there is a shape recognizer function that will automatically change an "almost" straight line into a perfectly straight line. It also does the same with circles, rectangles, triangles and arrows. It is very intuitive, and can be toggled on and off quickly with an icon button. It has several other features that are really useful as well. I don't have my x41 yet, but I'm really looking forward to using PhatPad on it. If this program works as well with a tablet as it does with a Pocket PC, which I suspect it will, it should be a "must have". PhatWare also makes Calligrapher - a handwriting recognition program that I love. I don't know if it is as good as the others available, but it worked great on Pocket PC. Both are available for free trial at:

http://www.phatware.com/phatpad/index.html

6. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks for sharing that Doug!

7. kingjimmi

kingjimmi Pen Pal - Newbie

Corel Grafigo 2. This program sounds exactly like what you need. It was written specifically for tablet pcs. Basically, this program assists your drawing. You draw a sloppy circle and Grafigo turns it into a perfect circle. Same thing for squares and straight lines. This software is excellent for hacks like me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.