Still Having Trouble !

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by arclite, Mar 6, 2005.

1. maceng2004

maceng2004 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi
    I am looking for a convertible tablet with a built-in Optical drive (Preferably a DVD burner) and "capable" video card (I do serious 3d modeling) at an affordable price.
    I did check out the Toshiba M200 it is not bad but no built-in optical drive, what is the deal with that?
    Someone had recommended the Toshiba R-15 which is (in my opinion) a great tablet except for the integrated Video Memory.
    I am looking for something similar to the r-15 but with NVIDIA or ATI video card ....... and it should be sold in Canada because the R-15 was not.
    I appreciate any comments[:)]
    Thanks
    Saif

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You're going to go nuts because these jsut aren't made to handle graphics intense requirements. You could go on the total cheap with the Averatec 3500 knowing you'll sell it and upgrade if/when something better comes along.

Brian

www.BargainPDA.com | www.DigitalCameraReview.com | www.NotebookReview.com | www.SpotStop.com

3. arclite

arclite Pen Pal - Newbie

To my knowledge, most 3D modelling task is strictly processor based calculation. Only reason why you would want a high end video card is to play games. Video card is capable of rendendering game image at high speed (with lower percision). But for you, you need percision rendering of your work (even if it takes hours for each frame).

3DS Max, Maya, Autocad, to my knowledge do not utilize video card hardware to do its rendering. Unless you are using some of newer versions with added feature which I may not know about.

If you can bare with 12.1 in, Fujitsu T4000 offers an interchangable bay. DVD writier/second HDD/ second battery.