Stickied issues thread? (for users and for official ASUS response)

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by Marty, Apr 20, 2011.

1. three_pineapples

three_pineapples Pen Pal - Newbie

There is a very good reason we just "happened to find pens to work" with the EP121...It has to do with the fact that both the modbook and EP121 use the same technology in their Wacom digitizer...

Sure Asus should sell them, but If you are going to compile a list of problems, at least include the non official solution for those who come across the thread?

Also, what is the point of a dock that plugs into the USB ports then? Why does it need to be an official ASUS product? Plenty of USB docks on the market already. My understanding of the point of a dock was that it connected to a special dock connector which provided extra ports with extra bandwidth. Aka, an ethernet port that doesn't eat up all the bandwidth of your USB port, etc. Seems pointless for ASUS to provide something that already exists, and won't be that good anyway...

2. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think the discussion about the very last point on my list is derailing the thread.

I feel it is lucky that a wacom pen exists that just happens to fit in the silo. I feel that a dock which replicates the usb, hdmi and power ports, is useful to many people who want a simple way to convert to 'desktop'-style usage (with benefits of charging and native video output).

I realize you disagree with me on these points, but lets focus on getting ASUS' attention on the major issues in the OP and then worry about slowly working down the list of minor issues.

3. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

ASUS should have a button assigned to F8 during boot "only"..would further improve this Tablet.

4. furythree

furythree Pen Pal - Newbie

wat about fan issues

5. Marty

I thought the fan issues were confirmed as a hardware, rather than software defect. If it's a chipset driver related issue, I'll add it to the list.

6. muse

muse EP121

If you get a ~0.5-1 second lag on the initial stroke in Photoshop, set the "double click distance" to minimum in the pen options is a possible fix, atleast it worked for me (Mostly interesting for artists maybe, dunno if the same problem appears in other applications)

7. Valkirie

Valkirie Pen Pal - Newbie

Their is another issue, which is more or less linked to CPU beeing stuck in low frequency mode, I'm speaking about integrated GPU stuck at 168Mhz, even if throttlestop is ON.

I haven't found any working solution to this problem which remain an important one. Take a look at the result when both problem (low CPU/GPU) appears.

[​IMG]

8. Marty

Interesting, this is first I've heard of the GPU clock being throttled. What program are you using to monitor the GPU clock speed? Also what version of intel graphics drivers are you using?

I'm using 8.15.10.2279 and my WEI scores are:
    Processor: 5.6
    Memory: 5.6
    Aero Graphics: 3.0
    3D Graphics: 3.5
    Hard Disk: 5.9

I purposely haven't updated to latest Intel HD graphics drivers because they seem slow down performance, but I haven't ran any 3Dmark benchmarks to confirm this.

9. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Do we know who is from ASUS reading our issues?

10. kurt_hectic

kurt_hectic Scribbler - Standard Member

no one LOL otherwise they have written some answers...