Steve Jobs Passing: Apple a Year Later

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by CLeonard, Oct 5, 2012.

1. CLeonard

CLeonard Tablet PC Review Site Admin Super Moderator

It's been a year since Steve Jobs passing. In that year, Apple has released some ground-breaking products like the iPhone 5, the New iPad, MacBook Pro with Retina Display and the soon to released iPad Mini. They've also had some highly publicized failures, such as Apple Maps. So a year later how do you think they are doing? Do you think anything would be different if he were still around?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  2. Steve S

Steve S Scribbler - Standard Member Super Moderator

It's too early to judge. Probably everything that Apple has done between then and now was likely already in the pipeline when Jobs died. Ask this again in a year or two...

3. CLeonard

CLeonard Tablet PC Review Site Admin Super Moderator

We probably will. I expect we'll spend the next 15-20 years wondering how "this Apple product" would have been different if Steve Jobs were still alive.

4. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

One thing in computing is sure - no company is guaranteed longevity. I remember IBM being the biggest hardware company on the block for a long while and Microsoft being the biggest IT company in terms of money.

It's all about who adapts best in the future, who can compete on the world stage and that's where Apple may miss someone like Jobs. Will Apple or many of the names we know now even exist in 15-20 years?

5. 2disbetter

2disbetter Function over Form

Designing nice hardware has never really been a weak spot for Apple. I see their failure in that iOS is still the same old boring toy like OS it's always been. If they would get something actually akin to OS X (Ie: Real multitasking and a file system) on the iPhone platform I believe they could maintain their dominance. As it is though with Windows 8 and Google bearing down, I don't see Apple staying relevant for very long unless a software change happens quickly.

2d

6. Animalmother

Animalmother Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree with you 100%
    He was the prodcut. lol

7. jemyclarke

jemyclarke Pen Pal - Newbie

Now a days iPhone 5 and iPad mini both are one of the most popular in the world. Many people are crazy for these both gadgets. But Steve Job was man who change the world in mobile industries.