State of the Driver- Wacom Feel

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Yoyo, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Yoyo

Yoyo Scribbler - Standard Member

I was thinking about the driver I've been using on my Vivotab Note 8, and just how long its been since I checked on updates. So I checked.

I'm currently using version 7.2.0-9, and downloaded from Wacom's site version 7.2.1-24. Then just before installing the new version I had a thought: what if it screws something up???

So I'm asking others here: Which version are you using and what have your results been like? Should I update, or leave well enough alone?

riukas likes this.
  2. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

New driver works fine. Been using it for a bit and no problems. Didn't notice any improvements or any degradation.

riukas likes this.
  3. Yoyo

OK, update- I installed the newer driver and ran it for a few days.

I only really noticed one difference: there are less calibration points, and consequently less effective error control near the edges.

I've uninstalled 7.2.1-24 again, and reinstalled 7.2.0-9, and can confirm, after calibration the edges are noticeably more usable with the older driver.

riukas likes this.
  4. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

On both my devices (Elitebook 2760p/Win7, Asus VivoTab Note 8/Win8), there are still the exact number of calibration points (standard plus edge calibration's 20+ pts) and the same calibration is achieved.

I wonder why yours has less calibration points with the new driver?

5. Yoyo

No idea why, but screenshots of the old driver's (7.2.0_9) calibration screen are here:

7_2_0_9.png

And the new one, 7.2.1_4 here:

7_2_1_4.png