Stargate Atlantis Tablet PC

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by PhotoMuis, Aug 13, 2010.

1. nabusan

nabusan Pen Pal - Newbie

This is so random, but does anyone watch Stargate Atlantis? I have my eye on tablet pc used by Doctor Elizabeth Weir (in her office) and can't for the life of me figure out what make/specs it has. I'm pretty sure it's not one of those computers specially designed for the show, as I've seen it online a couple of times... I'll try and screenshot a pic, but if anyone watches the show can help me it'd be a big help!

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you can in fact grab a screenshot, we'll be sure to identify the model for you!

Barry

3. nabusan

nabusan Pen Pal - Newbie

[​IMG]

Sorry if this image isn't helpful! I think the tablet came with a detachable keyboard. Ooh, I've been told it looks similar to something made by some company called 'Motion.'

4. tabletjunkie

tabletjunkie Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello Nabusan, I actually just registered to ask Barry one specific question, but saw this thread and couldn't resist the chance to help a fellow StarGate fan!! Here's a pic I cap'd that shows the entire tablet, along with the very capable Dr. Weir:
    (click on the thumbnail below for a clear pic.)

I'd originally thought that it was one of the HP models, like the TC1100. This pic seems to make it look like that model, take a look at the 3D Demo http://h71016.www7.hp.com/html/interactive/tc1100/model.html
    and click on "Tablet/Keyboard". However, I haven't had the chance to use any of the smaller size tablets myself, so it's quite likely that it is a Motion Computing model (which are usually slates) attached to its docking station keyboard, like the LE1600, http://www.motioncomputing.com/products/tablet_le1600_gallery.asp
    I'm sure that Barry will be able to give you a more positive ID from the pics since he's probably touched them in real life.

Now if only some PC mfg would come out with a neural-interface like the Ancients' PDA has!
    (That's my pet project.)

Hope that helps!
    TabletJunkie

p.s. For anyone reading this who's Not familiar with the Stargate universe, Don't Just Start Watching!! It's too good a storyline to ruin the chronological sequence -- go rent or borrow the SG-1 DVD's starting with Season 1 and watch them in order. You shan't regret it.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Black Dragon NL

Black Dragon NL Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well it does look strikingly similar to the Motion machine. It has been modified in some way so it could also be a Fujitsu ST5000. I would love a shot of the docking station. Well what the hell, I am just going to watch Sci-Fi and hope to catch it!

Barry

7. nabusan

nabusan Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you very much all! Very big help indeed. The Motion tablet looks like an older version - explored the product history online and it may be either an M1300 or M1400, but I'm much more intertested in the high speced current version :D Thank you once again, and yes - Stargate (especially Atlantis) is an awesome show! Can't get enough of all that Ancient tech. :eek: Anywho, thanks once again - and yes Barry, watch the show, you'll love it!

8. osiris83

osiris83 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a front and back screen shot of the pc..

Attached Files:

• atl1.JPG
      atl1.JPG
      File size:
      49.5 KB
      Views:
  9. osiris83

osiris83 Pen Pal - Newbie

I got the above pics from season 2 episode 17
    I've looked at the motion models and HP ones, the motion LE1600 seems close but not quite it...

10. surf

surf Pen Pal - Newbie

That's a tough one, but if you can identify this Brian, you're the man!