St5112?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Greg_E, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg_E

Greg_E Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow, my memory is really bad... Yes I believe this is the battery you are looking for.

2. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Scribbler - Standard Member

Yep, that's it.
    Some T42xx I saw had the same battery, although mine did not have one. With a bit of luck Fujitsu used that part in more machines and it's affordable.

If not, I'm quite sure you can just unplug it without the machine noticing anything. I'd suspect those to be NiCd or NiMh. From the looks of it they're just standard coin cells soldered together and shrink wrapped.
    With a bit of luck you can find some imprint making sense on the pack or on the cells themselves and then just order the right amount, solder them together, wrap them and reuse the wiring.

3. michaelleewebb

michaelleewebb Pen Pal - Newbie

i have this from the users manual:
    6-cell NiMH, 35 mAh. wish i could find the replacement part and disassemble install new battery then reassemble. i really don't want to take it apart, pull the battery, put it back together. then when the batterys come in i have to take it apart again. i'm going to keep looking for another week or so and see if i can find the replacement part. if not then i'll try to build one. if anyone finds a place selling them please let me know.

4. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Scribbler - Standard Member

Ask Fujitsu for a spare part.
    Be prepared for then considering to build it yourself again, though :D

5. Greg_E

6. Ascender

Ascender Pen Pal - Newbie

Last year I purchased my st5112 on Ebay. I have been very happy with it. recently however, it was dropped on a sharp corner of a metal cabinet and cracked the plastic shield. The digitizer and tft are undamaged. I am going to replace the shield, but...

It got me thinking...what is the compatibility of the 12.1 multi-touch digitizer from the t731 working in the st5112? Has this been tried? I am not ready to buy a broke down t731 yet but the idea is buzzing around in the back of my brain...any thoughts or suggestions?

By the way, I am new here, hello!!!

7. slybones

slybones Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys, just got an st5112 off of Ebay. I am an artist so I am totally incompetent with hardware, so was hoping you all could help me out. When I plug in the AC adapater to the fujitsu, the battery indicator blinks amber on and off, which I looked up and it says that this means the battery and AC are connected, but "the battery is out of thermal range." Any idea what this means? Device turns on and works while plugged in but it isn't taking a charge at all, just sits at 0%. Does that mean the battery is faulty or is it maybe the tablet itself? Hoping to get some help so I know how to approach the seller about it

Thanks!
    -Will

8. Greg_E

It is probably just a dead battery, but hard to tell until you try using a known working battery.

9. zzgus

zzgus Pen Pal - Newbie

Ummm 24 pages, well I'll have to spend some time :)

I have just installed windows 7 professional x86 on my new second hand ST5112 and I would like to install the drivers for the parts that are not recognized.

Can someone help me?

Is there any order I must follow?

I have attached a screen grab of the parts not recognized:

[​IMG]

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou
    Joan

10. zzgus

zzgus Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there any way to have the screen on the rotation I want and not have to rotate the screen 3 times every time I turn on it?

Thankyou
    Joan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.