St5112?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Greg_E, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. negative1

negative1 Retro Surface fan

interesting..

i *JUST* switched to windows 7 on my main computer,
    because i needed it for some software..

now my main tablet, this one.. is running windows xp-32 bit..

can i install the 64bit windows 8 preview? or should
    i just install the 32 bit version?

later

2. x1125

x1125 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got the ST5112 Tablet and i've got one problem - bios password.

On Dogbert's Blog i've read some things but im a little bit lost to be honest.
    I should look for bios chip on motherboard cause there might be placed hash for master code , right ? But i can't recognise the proper chip.

I'm out of ideas. Need your help

X1125.

3. Greg_E

Greg_E Scribbler - Standard Member

Way back in the first few pages I had the same issue and mine was rectified with the procedures listed. You need a second computer to run the software so that you can enter the codes during the 5112 boot sequence. Following their procedure it worked like a charm.

4. michaelleewebb

michaelleewebb Pen Pal - Newbie

i'm having problems switching batterys, i think i'm supposed to put the tablet to sleep, wait until its really asleep. then pull the old battery and insert the new battery. no matter how fast i do the exchange the computer is dead when i hit the power button. am i doing this correctly ???

5. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm not sure if the ST5112 has a buffer battery for this. Even if yes, it could have died in the meantime.

Easy fix, at least temporarily: Use hibernation instead of sleep. This way all the data gets saved on the HDD where power loss doesn't do anything. Normal sleep keeps the data in the main memory and there it's gone quite fast once the refresh cycles stop.

6. Greg_E

It does have a small battery but I'd bet most all of them are dead which means they won't even hold the miniscule charge in the RAM for long enough to swap mains.

7. michaelleewebb

hibernation is not an options for me. i have a 32 gig ssd and not enough room for the hibernate partion. has anyone any experience changing out the small battery's ?? where do i buy them from ??? is it in a difficult locations ??? does anyone know where i can find instructions on how to replace them.

8. michaelleewebb

on page 39 of the users manual i found that the "bridge battery" is disabled if wake on lan in enabled. so i rebooted (first time this year ?) entered bios and sure enough wol was enabled. so i disabled it rebooted again. waited for boot sequence to calm down and then i pulled the battery. replaced battery press the power button. dead as a door nail. sometimes i swear god just likes to screw with my head.

9. Greg_E

If you look back in the first few pages you will find a video on opening the case, that bridge battery is a simple rechargeable pack and I bet you can find something similar to put in there. I haven't opened mine in a while so I can't exactly say what it was, but I think it might be a couple of small flat circular cells on a wire, similar to the cells used in some cordless phones.

10. michaelleewebb

thanks for the video greg e. i watched it and i think i can do it. found a picture of the motherboard that shows the location of the bridge battery (see attached file). now i just need to find a replacement battery.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.