St5112?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Greg_E, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluffyfurball

Fluffyfurball Scribbler - Standard Member

Beautiful!!

2. khasis

khasis Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks everyone
    i must say it's quite nice to draw on this tablet
    Steve B : i'm using photoshop cs4

3. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

It's kind of funny how the top and bottom picture align with the arms and body in the right place. The two pics put together kind of reminds me of someone....I shall not name names on condition he browses this stuff one day.... :D

4. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I had a question for any st5112 owner who has the dock. Can you place the slate in the dock in either direction? I've seen the "plug" in the back and it didn't look specifically directional.

What I mean is that when the 5112 is put in landscape mode in the dock, I always see it with the battery to the left. I've often pondered the value of the dock, but only if I you could use it with the battery to the right, as that would put the buttons that I'd like to use on the upper left, where I could use them with my other hand while using a pen. Normally, in pics, I see the battery only on the left, and this puts all the useful buttons on the bottom, and bottom right. Not very useful. :( The other way though? A very nice setup.

Does anyone have a dock? And if so, could they test this?

5. michaelleewebb

michaelleewebb Pen Pal - Newbie

i have a st5112 and a docking station. it only turns one way. the battery will be on the left side and the buttons are down. still i love my docking station, i use my st5112 all day long and when i come home i plug it it to the docking station and have dual 20 monitors, keyboard, mouse and external harddrive. i've had a lot of tablets over the years, i forget the numbers a 3500 (win98), a st41** (733mh)?? another st41**(933mhz) a st5032(1.2mhz) and now a st5112. the difference is that i always had a tablet and my "real" computer. now i just have my tablet, its fast enough to do anything i need. but i would have to have a docking station.

6. khasis

khasis Pen Pal - Newbie

my dock can turn either way, portrait or landscape...

7. FSUmod

FSUmod Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello!

The problem with scarred screen is easy to repair. Personally, I threw away the plastic with a ridiculous anti-reflective coating from front panel, and put real glass 2mm thick. Glazier robbed me nicely rounded corners on the side switch on / off and front view. Pros will not scratch of drawing/using, better visibility, better working pen on the surface structure, soft and graceful. Cons, the glass, you need to be more careful not to fall tablet. I used double sided tape 3m and holds great.

I have a U7600 processor and 2GB RAM, 60GB SSD, Dual Boot Windows 7 32bit | Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 Retail
    For me, a powerful machine, cons res. should ebe 1280x800 or 720.

8. michaelleewebb

michaelleewebb Pen Pal - Newbie

any brave soul try win8 with st5112 ???

9. C E Jones

C E Jones Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm writing this post from my 5112 rocking Win 8 CP :)

The only problem I've run into is that the button drivers for Win 7 don't seem to work on win 8. So you can't use the button to switch between portrait/landscape, but you can do it in control panel (a bit of a pain, but I'm planning on trying to set up a shortcut).

Other than that, everything just works right after installing Win 8, including the pen. I installed on a 120GB SSD, a Samsung 470. I highly recommend going that rout, as it's much faster than it was running XP on the OEM 80GB spinner.

10. Greg_E

Greg_E Scribbler - Standard Member

Have you done a benchmark on that SSD? Maybe run the ATTO benchmark and grab a screen capture of the results. I put a Samsung MP4 spinning drive in mine and it gets 100MBps, I have no complaints about drive performance.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.