st503x graphics remedy - please advise!!!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Bhaltair, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emma

emma Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all - Happy New Year

Ive been researching a slate tablet and am now leaning towards the fujitsu ST503x and the Electrovaya sc3000-

I am in Wales, UK and it would be far easier for me to order Fujitsu (and I love all the reviews) EXCEPT for the fact that Barry Doyles excellent review says that the 5020 graphics is a let down - seeing as I NEED mine for photoshop work (Im a commercial illustrator with a very sketchy style) I need decent graphics capability -

apparently the ST5030 model has addressed this issue with 915gm graphics - (this means nothing to me!!!!) Im very very green!!! (but learning)

Barry - and anyone else - please can you help me - would this solution change your opinion on your review - you said that artists might want to look elsewhere for a slate solution due to poor graphics - !!! The 915gm seems comparible with other slates????

I have looked and looked - I do not know the Electrovaya company - and I like everything I hear about fujitsu support etc

Your comments and opinions gratefully received!

Emma

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Emma -

The graphics card is an issue for gaming, not Photoshop. PS is a CPU and RAM intensive application, not graphics card.

3. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Emma, you can also rest assured that the new Intel GMA900 graphics in the current ST5030 are about a 400% improvement. You will be just fine with this new model for graphics as an artist. No worries!

; ) Barry

4. emma

emma Pen Pal - Newbie

thankyou so much - I am going to order one today (top spec & all the ram I can get!!!!) Christmas is running a little late for me this year - but Im so looking forward to it!!!

Thanks for your help

Emma

5. Bhaltair

Bhaltair Pen Pal - Newbie

I rarely have any lag in my experiences except when I Play a movie on the hard drive. I believe with the updated Vid chip, it's the same as the ST-503O. the sc-3000 does leave a 1.5 chip, but it's more limited on memory. I'm happy with my Fujitsu, but I know I'd be just as happy with an Electrovaya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.