SSD installation problem on Fujitsu T734

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by mij, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mij

mij SAM

Hi,

I just received my new Fujitsu Lifebook T734. I added a 8GB of RAM without problem, but when I try to replace the 320GB HDD by a new Crucial SSD M500 (240GB), then the notebook doesn't start neither with BIOS that is then not available or with the Bootable disc or Recovrery disc of Fujitsu. The screen stay black even if the notebook is on. Note that I know how to access to BIOS. It's not there the problem. It's only when the SSD is installed on my notebook then that prevent me from accessing the BIOS or booting onto a bootable CD. With no HDD or SSD in the system, I am still able to do either.

A friend access the SSD with another laptop and was able to format it. So the SSD is fine.

So, why I can't access it with my new notebook? Is-there a security protection inside the BIOS, like the Secure boot configuration that can block the installation of an other drive?

Thank you!

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  2. utopian201

utopian201 Scribbler - Standard Member

So you can't even see the BIOS with the SSD installed?

Maybe try disabling secure boot and see if that helps. It probably wont, but worth a try.

3. mij

mij SAM

I tried that, but it's same. Fujitsu support said it's a drive problem. I returned the SSD to the seller and I order another one. May be it will be ok. :rolleyes:

Thank anyway for your advice utopian201. :hi2:

4. 5232

5232 Pen Pal - Newbie

When you start the computer,press F12,boot from DVD,Insert the bootable CD,Restore the full hard drive(not only C:).
    Also you can use PE system.
    My current disc is HDD, HGST,500G,7200,Original HDD is Seagate SSHD 500GB.

5. mij

mij SAM

F12 was doing nothing. I returned the Crucial 500 SSD to distributor and order a Samsung 840 pro SSD, and everything is all right now.

Thank for your help 5232!

6. 5232

5232 Pen Pal - Newbie

My T734 is XBUY-T734-W7D-001(I5-4300m 8GB 500GB no 4G)
    I also want to buy a SSD,My T734 is no 4G.So I do not know to buy a mSata SSD plus the position of the wwan (is that little slot next to the battery and docking port) is feasible?
    ps. What is the brand of your RAM?Micron?DDR 3 or DDR3L?1333 or 1600?How about it?

7. 5232

5232 Pen Pal - Newbie

wwan(Gobi)slot photo065.jpg
    My T734! photo032.jpg

8. mij

mij SAM

The RAM I bought is :

Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory Module - 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) - 1600 MHz /PC3-12800 - Unbuffered - 204-pin SoDIMM.

It works fine!

9. bluetii

bluetii Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi did ever solve why your T734 could not detect your ssd? I m thinking about buying some t734 and want to upgrade the memory to 12gb and upgrade the crappy mechanical drive to ssd. Just cheaper to do it myself than to order it that way.

10. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

I had a crucial SSD and I will never by from them again. The SSD crashed and died after a year, and they sent me a refurbished one (I had to pay to send them my old one) that died in a few months, so I demanded a new one. I lost files and will never trust crucial again. I urge others to stay away and stick with Intel and Samsung.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.