Spot on the Screen

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by poirt_dart, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiheyho

hiheyho Pen Pal - Newbie

heh i think i have the saem problem on my m7

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

point_dart and Eric UNSL,

Ye request, ye shall receive: Dust Inside Your M200 Tablet Screen?

These are instructions for the Toshiba M200, your mileage may vary for the newer models.

3. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

It is safe if you are VERY careful and try not to apply a lot of pressure on the screen, as it will crack if too much pressure is applied while removing the top of the screen casing.

Is your tablet the R10/R15 or M200/M4? As the link I have in my previous post is only for the M200; but other models will do as well. If you have the R25, M400 or M7, it appears that the screen assembly has changed a bit.

4. Steveoph

Steveoph Pen Pal - Newbie

I assume there's dust too, but the thing that kills me is there's a hair underneath my Toshiba M7 screen, dead center which drives me nuts. I don't think this is covered in the warranty, although it should be!

5. QuantumXL

QuantumXL Pen Pal - Newbie

hehe, Just purchased my M7 around july some time, and ave been using it for a while. For some reason mine is having the same issue. But it doesnt seem to be on the second layer behind the intial screen. Its not that visible when the screen is on. but i dont see whats wrong with it.

6. poirt_dart

poirt_dart Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, sorry it took me a while to notice that someone has reply my questions :)
    yup, mine is r10. and i actually already given up on making the dust gone. But suddenly a week ago, an ant is actually walking under my tablet screen... and when i press the screen.. Binggo.. the ant is dead *may god forgive my sin :(* and it actually dead under my screen... So i try to remove the screen now... and i actually did the same thing as the instruction in the link that u gave. And when i remove the ant, i also remove the dust/spot... which is actually very simple.

Ok, so let me assure u who want to open ur toshiba screen, as SimsHshia said, it is safe to do it. U just have to a little bit carefull :) the link that SimsHsia gave can be applied to R10 too.. so i assume that every Toshiba tablet PC's screen have the same architecture.

Oh, anyway, SimsHsia, thanks for the help :)
    Oh, and BTW, as someone said inthe previous pages, opening ur screen is making the guarantee on the screen void. Well mine is already expired, if u still have the guarantee then u may preferring go to toshiba service centre.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.