Spot on the Screen

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by poirt_dart, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Dust or dead pixel?

2. Metaformer

Metaformer Pen Pal - Newbie

Pesky dust! No dead pixels thank goodness!

But you can clean it off if just dust. You have to remove the entire front bezel Silver and black frame are attached together as they are one piece.

remove 6 squishy tabs (4 square silver and 2 triangular (black)) then remove 6 screws under sticky tabs. lift screen mask bezel by fingernails first twisting 2 slots under edge of screen to unsnap. you will see the 2 slots at the bottom edge of the screen, one is under the on/off switch of the M4.

Unsnap by running fingernail around edge parting line, lift entire Screen mask bezel and clean with lint-free cloth. snap bezel back on and 6 screws, reapply 6 sticky tabs... done!

3. ???????

??????? Pen Pal - Newbie

I think it is dust as I can still see it when turn off the computer

4. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Correct. You cannot see a dead or stuck pixel when the display is powered off. ; )

5. Metaformer

Metaformer Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks like a common problem...guess we have to open and clean every so often...

6. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There is a program called Pixel Buddy if you want to try and diagnose deal or stuck pixels.

7. erika

erika Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi
    I have a ADVUEU Tablet PC and I am trying to chage the screen from landskape to portrait but it keeps telling me to change te resolution to a bigger one, and when i do, it sais "The setting you requested cannot be supported" , I've Tried all 4 Resolutions and nothing.

Please help.:mad: :mad: :mad:

8. Namssorg

Namssorg Industrial Designer

Yikes. It got me too. Same exact thing. How have you all solved your problem? I'd like to know before I crack mine open or send it off to Toshiba. I use my tablet primarily for sketching so that speck is realllly annoying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9. poirt_dart

poirt_dart Pen Pal - Newbie

Um.. hi.. i'm new here :)
    just want to ask something about this message that i quoted.... is it safe for me to open the LCD and clean the dust myself? And by saying "safe" i mean that it would not make the LCD malfunction or something like that?
    I just got the dust here... and it's really annoying... the technician in my area here said that the dust can't be removed because he afraid that the LCD could be damaged... but if i actually can do it myself and it's riskless, then... i want to do it myself...

10. Eric UNSL

Eric UNSL Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry to pull up a old thread but I got the same problem yesterday morning. In the center of the screen like the rest of you. Why in the center? Is there a step by step on how to remove and clean the screen? If anybody could spare a second and help that'd be great