Spectre x360 15 OLED (2020)

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Marty, Jan 8, 2020.

1. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Is this really as hard as HP, even MS, are making it? Really, I mean, like, apply pen tip to screen, form characters, they appear on screen as written, quickly, with no delay, no skip, no wiggles or squiggles. It's 2020 - that's so bad, in so many important ways, yet we're stuck here. Can't we at least have electronic pens work better than they did in 2013????

Tablet Nostradamus likes this.
  2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Well, I bit the bullet today and ordered the nearly decked out version of this (no Optane).

It doesn't look like a popular item on TPCR, but I think it strikes the right balance for me. We will soon see though. Bestbuy says I should get it tomorrow.

lovelaptops and JoeS like this.
  3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Looks like a great system. 15" OLED, I'd never stop watching TV! Let us know how you like it, with or without extended battery rundown tests. :)

Mesosphere likes this.
  4. Mesosphere

Haha. Yea, I don't plan on doing anything that extreme. Power Efficiency tech seems to be well over the hump these days =) I'll definitely let you guys know what I think though!

Regarding the TV, I recently got a 65" OLED that I'm in love with, so my laptop is going to still seem awful next to that =P

JoeS likes this.
  5. Mesosphere

After the 100th page refresh:

upload_2020-5-21_16-7-4.png

JoeS likes this.
  6. Mesosphere

A little bit of pen testing in this video. It looks pretty acceptable for my needs. She doesn't seem to be a regular reviewer, but she seems to be one of the few that have this thing (mine less than a mile away right now, but probably won't be here for hours), and she is filling the vacuum.

Marty likes this.
  7. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Very cool!. What's you take on the display generally. We've heard anecdotally that the display is "substantially improved" for this revision.

8. Mesosphere

I'll let you know. Mine is still crisscrossing in what seems like a random walk about town =)

9. Mesosphere

I'm not sure what previous years were like, but my initial impressions of this screen (OLED version) are excellent. The brightness and view angles are great. I really don't have an eye for color accuracy. It is raining outside this afternoon, but I hope to check it's outdoor viewability tomorrow. So far the antireflective coating seems pretty effective though.

Was there anything in particular anyone would like me to check?

Marty likes this.
  10. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Yeah, similar to these tests for its smaller cousin, could you check for black crush using Lagom's black level page and tell me which is the lowest visible square at 25%/50%/75%/100% brightness?

Also could you take a shot of a 50% grey screen to look for uniformity issues?

And if you're going outdoors, maybe a couple of shots of the TPCR forum homepage in direct sunlight and partial shade at 75% and 100% brightness?

Sorry for the homework assignments. :D

Mesosphere likes this.