Spectre x360 14 OLED 3:2

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Marty, Oct 2, 2020.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

No, it's a PROBLEM.

JoeS likes this.
  2. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member

, if you do not use lte often I would just sell it and use Hotspot for those rare occasions. For me it is just toggling the hotspot button on my phone and it works on my laptop or tablet. Not perfect speed for everyday work but good enough for browsing etc.

dstrauss likes this.
  3. dstrauss

FOLKS - @desertlap is the gift that keeps on giving - that x360 14 is on a flash sale (he thinks today only) at Best Buy for $1299 - a $400 savings!

4. dstrauss

Thanks! It's a good thought, and now that I am committed to the x360-14, I'm going to do just that. The Mini can automatically connect to my phone as a hotspot so it is the better solution for me now (until that 8.5" iPad Pro Mini with Pencil 2 hits the streets next Spring).

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020 at 4:59 PM
  5. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

If that wasn't clear already, I just found myself wondering what you were going to do with that 2018 iPP11, and how much the Pencil 2 costs.. :D

6. dstrauss

It's off to eBay heaven as I write this...feel free to make an offer!

JoeS likes this.
  7. JoeS

Nah, I've been told I should probably cool it with the tech purchases for a bit! :) Good luck with the sale. :thumbsup:

8. dstrauss

Well, the main nit has now been conquered - if you intend to use this as note taker, get a Surface Pen. Better feel, better screen friction, better inking, better better better! Plus you get the eraser, which is a fantastic addition when note taking.

201121-x360-14 with Surface Pen.png

WillAdams and Marty like this.
  9. dstrauss

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse, but this x360-14 is the best laptop I've bought in the last ten years. That's saying a lot for this serial computer abuser, but the screen size is near perfect, performance is excellent, graphics greatly improved, battery life is very good (8 hours with an OLED is top shelf to me), port configuration and specs (16gb/1tb) are great - and even at $1699 it is a bargain compared to Surface, Dell, and Lenovo 11th gen alternatives. AND it was an absolute STEAL at $1299. Oh, wait, Surface is neither 11th gen nor TB3...scratch that comparison.

Keep your eyes peeled for any more Black Friday specials - this has got to be the best price/performance bargain of the year, or many years in my considerable purchase experience.

WillAdams, Marty and dellaster like this.
  10. JoeS

Uh oh!! o_O

Marty likes this.