Speakers on T2010

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by weinilourson, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weinilourson

weinilourson Pen Pal - Newbie

Dear all,
    I am thinking about buying a T2010. I know most users are finding it really good, but I've read that the speakers are a problem.

I usually like to listen to some music or watch youtube (and a DVD once in a while) with my laptop. I have external speakers that I can use for amplification. Do you think the speakers are good enough for my needs?

My current laptop (Asus R1F) makes everything sound like they come from very far away, even though I have external speakers with amplification.

Thanks a lot.

weini

2. powowcow

powowcow Tablet PC Lover

The speaker on the T2010 is a puny little guy. It's not good for anything besides Windows sounds and the occasional sound clip. And that is only if you are in a quiet environment. Personally, that doesn't bother me, I either use headphones or external speakers.

3. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Agree.
    The speakers are good for windows sounds and ok for Youtube videos.
    I don't suggest hearing music or watching DVD videos on them.

So if I want to hear music or watch a DVD I connect a headphone, external speakers or connect it to a TV set.
    So with external speakers you get a good sound (now it depends on your speakers)

The T2010 uses the Realtek ALC262 2+2 HD Audio Codec

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. dmlerner

dmlerner Scribbler - Standard Member

Agreed. I have a $30 2.1 system that, along with the power plug, I put in when I set my computer down on my desk. It's more than sufficient, and I'm pretty picky. I got a decent pair of in-ear earbuds for when I'm not at my desk, and between the two I rarely use the built in speaker, and it never bugs me. The T2010 is an incredible, wonderful computer, and the screen + battery life massively outweigh the speaker.

5. weinilourson

weinilourson Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your replies!