SP3: things that make u cry with tears of joy

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by r11, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fella1

fella1 Pen Pal - Newbie

3:2 ratio perfect for portrait use (especially reading my comics)

12" size much better for laptop use

Weight makes it easier to handle than my previous SP2

Great high res screen

Kickstand positions much better

2. ctitanic

ctitanic Pen Pal - Newbie

For me it's all about the "ink". Capture.jpg

dstrauss, Osiris, JoeS and 1 other person like this.
  3. bkydcmpr

bkydcmpr Scribbler - Standard Member

reading magazine in nook app in portrait mode (in store, I haven't got mine), makes me feel I don't want hold a paper printed magazine ever again.

4. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Now that a SP3 arrived yesterday, for one of the sales team members, I'm absolutely loving the weight. It fits straight into my small HP carry case that currently carries the SP2 and the screen... THAT SCREEN! Nice. I also ran a quick Trackmania benchmark and the SP3 beat the SP2 buy aroiund .8 fps.

WORTH IT!

eltos_lightfoot likes this.
  5. r11

r11 Scribbler - Standard Member

Another thing I've learned to like.

1. About lapability in tablet (landscape) mode. With keyboard attached, flip it back (keys facing down), open the flap and rest it on the flipped-back keyboard. Hard to 'splain, but ez when u try it. Rock solid when in this mode as rear flap now has solid support

2. Also, in this mode, it is ez to use international on-screen keyboards . Yes, u'd have to peck on flat screen, but a quick message is fine.

6. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

The important word being quick ;) Anything past short bursts and it skews significantly the other way unfortunately. Not important to everyone, but very important difference to some.

7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Non-WiFi Connectivity:

1. Display port daisy chaining - it works awesome compared to the SPro2 - I can use at home as a tablet, connected to an older monitor, whatever, and when I plug back in at my desk both of the 27" WQHD monitors fire up and run correctly - yahoo!

2. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse - I have the Microsoft BT Mobile Keyboard 6000 and Notebook Mouse 5000 at the office and at home for "real work" and they are detected and reconnect everytime I move locations - double yahoo

Can't wait for the dock next!

knockonwood.jpg

8. b52hbuff

b52hbuff Scribbler - Standard Member

A mini-hijack with a request for Dstrauss, as an owner of a Pro 2 with no immediate plans to upgrade...

Can you let me know what issues you've had with monitors on the SP2? I'm thinking about starting out with one of these:
    Dell UltraSharp 27 PremierColor Monitor - U2713H

If all goes well, I'll consider getting another one or maybe something a bit bigger. I think I read something from you about the beveled edge of the SP2 preventing a good connection with the mini display port. Is this still an issue with a docked SP2?

Feel free to PM me if this is too disruptive for this thread.

9. Osiris

Osiris Scribbler - Standard Member

Opening the box
    Holding it for the first time
    Titling the kickstand back all the way and wondering why they ever made tablets without them
    Clicking the pen to turn the screen on then spending hours pondering if you could hook in a secondary command to turn screen off with a button or another click :p

10. Quait

Quait Pen Pal - Newbie

got my SP3 yesterday (switzerland US Import, :cool:-)

I compare my SP3 mostly to my old tablet, Ativ Smart PC Pro 700t1a blabla

1. Size and Weight, its tinner and slightly lighter than my old tablet, but OH MY GOSH THAT GODLY ASPECT RATIO and 12". 3:2 is so much better to work with on a tablet. I like to draw (reason why I chose the ATIV over other tablets, and now the SP3) and the N-Trig is not a problem with my programms, but its accuracy and thinnes is so much better (the paralax or what its called problem, and thin glass => closer to where you actually draw on screen)

2. I got no problem with temperature, it stays quiet, more silent than my old one. it may throttle down when trying to play some game, but thats not what I bought it for anyway, more RAM and a slightly better CPU is still worth it.

3. Pen. the pen has a good weight and feel, it could be more ergonomic, but the weight and size is a step in the right direction. I'm used to carry a seperate pen around (non default pen of my ativ), so no minus point for a missing dock.

4. SD-Card. WHY THE HELL DOES NOT EVERY TABLET HAS ONE OF THOSE THINGS, its ridiculous that many mobile phones are missing it, but with tablets its a godsent.

5. connected standby seems to be usefull, I can wake it up with WLAN, Pen, Mouse etc without actually having to touch it (but I miss a complete hibernate, I dont want to have it wake up in my bag by mistake someday)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.