SP3 lapable on bus/subway?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Solrax, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solrax

Solrax Pen Pal - Newbie

Every time I play with a SP3 at a store I want to take it home with me. However an important use case for me would be to take it out and do some typing on it on the bus or subway once in a while. It seems like a Yoga would be better for that.

So does anyone here actually really use it on a bus or sitting on a train, is it really stable and usable in your lap in such conditions? I see plenty of people using laptops and have no doubt the heavier base makes them relatively stable, but does the kickstand really do the trick?

Thanks!

2. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Depends on the length of your lap. If you have long legs, this shouldn't be an issue. But if you're smaller in stature, have a "short" lap, it could be troublesome. However, there are folio/cases that help with this by providing a kind of base on which the tablet sits on, which prevents the tablet from falling backwards.

Solrax likes this.
  3. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I agree with @daver. I'm 5'10" and my femurs are just long enough to accomodate the keyboard and kickstand at a comfortable angle. You may have to accept a less than optimal screen tilt if you have a shorter lap.

Solrax likes this.
  4. mgerbasio

mgerbasio Scribbler - Standard Member

I take the bus and subway several time a week to NYC. Typing on the bus isn't good. On the subway, its nearly impossible. The trains aren't a smooth ride and it is rare that you find a car that isn't packed. In theory, possible but not practical. I'll use it as a tablet occasionally generally use a 8" Windows tablet when I'm on the move.

Solrax likes this.
  5. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I use mine for typing on my lap on both the train and the bus. It's not a problem at all.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Solrax likes this.
  6. Solrax

Solrax Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.