Sound problem

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by feerof, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feerof

feerof Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you guys get that sound when you press "win key + x" to pop up that "windows mobility center" and you change the volume using the wacom pen (for the tx2500). I seem to get a beep sound when i change the volume even when the sound is muted. Is it coming from the bios? i ono...

and also, one of my speakers seem to have stopped working for some reason... I've tried that test sound thing where it sends a sound through each speaker (giving that surround sound effect) and only one speaker gets sound... is it a hardware failure? I get sound when i plug headphones into the jacks, so i don't think it has anything to do with the sound card. Also, when i have the PC in tablet mode, the speakers would start producing this crackling sound... at random. I don't know why it happens, and the sound cannot be minimized regardless of the volume setting.

Has anybody else had these problems? I'm thinking about sending my lappy during my semester break, but it would be great if i could avoid such a task...

thanks guys

2. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

Sounds like you are having a driver issue. When it doesn't work, it makes a system beep. This sound comes from inside the computer.

This should fix your problem.

3. feerof

feerof Pen Pal - Newbie

oh cool thanks, i'll try it out

4. feerof

feerof Pen Pal - Newbie

hmm... doesn't seem to solve the problem... i uninstalled the sound driver, and reinstalled it from the driver that HP supplied. Still doesn't work, any other suggestions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.