Sorry - Another Venue 11 Stylus Question

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Rob Halligan, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob Halligan

Rob Halligan Pen Pal - Newbie

Dell warrantied my Dell Venue 11 stylus with no questions asked. My issue was that the battery wouldn't last. They sent me a Rev A02 version which also burns right through a battery. Installed battery, tested (worked), set it aside, and the next day the battery was dead. I didn't let the stylus bump around so the button would get pushed. It sat still without pressure on the button. Is Rev A02 the latest and best version? Should I return this one too?

Edit: Now it's not inking regularly. Here's link to: a video of the further problem of the pen not writing consistently.

Is this a warranty issue (again) or something else?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  2. brianWA

brianWA Pen Pal - Newbie

My pen doesn't drain in a day when left alone. I have noticed if I store the pen in a bag it eventually drains quickly probably due to the tip or button getting depressed. To resolve this I now unscrew the pen a little to loosen up the battery before storing it away.

Odd thought but have you tried a different battery? What you're experiencing doesn't make sense, especially sine you have a new pen doing this.

b

3. Rob Halligan

Thanks. I should have mentioned that the tip wasn't getting pushed on either as I realize these things can cause battery drain.

I've had two different battery sources -- although AAAAs aren't easy to find now that Radio Shack is closed.

I'm jealous enough that Surface Pro users can tap their pen to bring up OneNote that I do hate the idea of having to unscrew my pen every time I use it...but I will.

4. brianWA

brianWA Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree. The whole pen design/interface on the surface is better. I finally ordered AAAA's from Amazon. I believe I got 8 for $6.99 w/prime. Locally the stores in my area sell one AAAA for $9 which is terrible.

5. Rob Halligan

6. Rob Halligan

I added video of a further problem I'm having with the pen not writing. Please advise on what you think the problem is and whether you think I should warranty this pen as well or if there is some other problem.

7. Rob Halligan

Dell Pro Support sent me this style as sold on Amazon: Dell-Active-Stylus. This seems like the equivalent of version Rev A03. It seems to work great.

8. Rob Halligan

I've gone through two Rev A03 versions and two Rev A02 already. The A03s work while testing them. Then, they die the first or second time I break them out in front of a client (when I'm on the clock and trying to look like I know something about technology!!). This last time I got the meeting and tested that it did work. Then the second I needed to use it, it didn't work. Yes, I try confirmed-to-be-good batteries in each and unscrew the barrel every time I stick them in my pocket.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.