Sooo.... Does anyone think they will add more tablet functions in Win10, or are we stuck?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by spinedoc77, Apr 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I personally find that the swipe navigation is a bit glitchy too. It works well on the touchscreen, but when trying to use two-fingered scrolling on the touchpad, it frequently thinks I'm trying to go back a page.

2. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well installed the anniversary version I really like the dark theme in edge browser pc setting or store but unfortunately the gestures back forward on Edge doesn't work as should be.

Every time swipe back or forward the page being reload.
    That's TOTALLY frustrating.

WTF MS definitely needs improvements on that.

On safari on iOS works much smoother and doesn't reload the page,neither chrome do that on iOS.

So MS doesn't have the obligation to bring a feature back but to work as it should be working.

Epic fail.

Also need further and further improvements in tablet mode as mention few pages back.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

WillAdams likes this.
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I particularly like screen sketch. I use something similar on my GN5 but annotating a screen capture as large as my S3 display is far more useful.

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

OK, it's been a while, but some improvements are beginning to appear. Three finger swipe to switch apps would bring back that Win8 feel of using my tablet like a magazine that you flip through.

[​IMG]

5. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Those are touchpad gestures though, and don't work on the touchscreen, as far as I'm aware.

6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Oh no, I misread that. Well shoot.. Hopefully they'll make it into touch screen settings as well.

7. alextrela182

Good news but there's more job to be done by MS to improve the tablet/touch UI and user experience.

Starting with the basic redesign of the touch keyboard witch is just a nightmare using it.

Miles worst than iOS or android.

And many many others thinks mention several time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Really? I don't have much issue at all with the Microsoft touch keyboard and find that it works well. The only things I'd like to see are more multifunction options on the main keyboard keys, and a constant, big spacebar (I sometimes find that, on some screens, the spacebar will be shortened so as to fit in other keys, leading to typos for me).

9. alextrela182

Well switching the language is frustrating compared to iOS or android keyboard implementation.
    Also many many times it appears and disappear by its own when trying to write(wherever at browser at other app too)

The handwriting recognition is less accurate in my main Language than iOS or Android.

The all UI bring as to late 90' and not for modern customizable keyboard at modern environments.

Also missing T9 writing,missing gestures as option that other OS is offering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'd be much happier if they'd just bring back an option for the HWR features/interface which we had in Vista.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.