Sony's Next Tablet Shows Some Promise

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Ed Hardy, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy FORMER Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

So far, Samsung has been at the top of the Android tablet market -- although Motorola and HTC have had some good options. Recently, however, Sony has been working to become a significant force in this space.

Its two previous models, the Tablet S and Tablet P, were decent, but they came across to me as "good first tries". Information has begun leaking out about an upcoming one that looks more promising.

The Xperia Tablet is apparently going to thinner than its predecessors, and better looking as well -- a number of images of it have leaked out. It will reportedly have top-of-the-line specs as well, like a quad-core processor and 8 MP camera.

Sony has a strong brand, and reputation for doing things right. *And the leaked price list for this model shows that is is going to be competitively priced with the Apple iPad.

To find out more about the Sony Xperia Tablet, take a look at this recent article on it:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

The Xperia Tablet is gorgeous--Sony design at its best. I just wish it was running Windows RT instead of Android...but given the Xbox/Playstation rivalry, I won't hold my breath for an RT version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.