Sony's new Digital Paper

Discussion in 'eReaders' started by Kumabjorn, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

After some three years it seems Sony is ready to update their e-ink PDF reader/annotator with a new model at a slightly lower price point and higher resolution together with what looks like a quad core CPU.

Digital artist found dead in home. Details sketchy.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    WillAdams likes this.
  2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Looks awesome! The pen attachment looks possibly a bit weak, but otherwise I'm in! If only it had OneDrive sync. But I'll manage. I know the details are sketchy, but when is this expected to be fore sale in the USA again?

For those interested, there's a huge thread on this device on mobileread.

Edit: for sale at B&H now. Unfortunately the US version is black. I would have much preferred white borders, bummer.

Also, for anyone considering this devices, as of late August 2017 this device does not have a 'go to page' function. You read that right, you can't go to page 243 directly, you either flip through thumbnails 16 at a time, or you drag a tiny scroll bar and hope to land close to the correct page. There are some workarounds, but honestly it's crazy that that's not available yet. They're working on it supposedly..

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017 at 10:44 PM
  3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

It will be released in Japan May 5th, no word on the U.S. Totally with you on the OneNote/OneDrive sync/compatibility issue. But, supposedly you can root it and run regular Android.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

JoeS and bloodycape like this.
  4. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

5. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member