Sony Vaio Tap 11 User Lounge: "What you LIKE about Tap 11?"

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by MikeZ, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeZ

MikeZ Pen Pal - Newbie

Got my farmed AAAA working perfectly in my Tap 11 stylus.
    Just beware not to leave any obvious parts out that might potentially cause short circuiting inside the pen.

Save me lots of trouble (and money) getting this rare size battery.
    photo (21).jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. MikeZ

MikeZ Pen Pal - Newbie

Discovered a way to save battery on Tap 11.
    It is great that the keyboard recharges itself every time its attached with the tablet.
    But most of the time the keyboard is already charged over night, yet the tablet still initiates charging when its closed.
    I found that as soon as you close the keyboard lid, after the charge orange light is on, just lift the keyboard for a second, and attached it again, this will stop the charging process, thus stopping unwanted battery consumption.

FYI, I am a student, and I have had my Tap 11 since November now. I can use it for web surfing and note taking (Word) for almost 5 hours in a row.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    pictogramax likes this.
  3. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

Just out of curiosity, what is the impression of (presumably) the large number of iPad users and even traditional laptop users wen they see the capabilities of your Tap 11 in the classroom?

4. MikeZ

MikeZ Pen Pal - Newbie

They are generally pretty amazed when they see the pen-noting action and separate keyboard.
    They would see these capabilities as the advantage of Pen enabled Windows Tablet over iPad and other general touch-screen PC.

And most of all, I am loving the form factor.

5. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

I
    I actually figured they would just assume it was no different from the iPad capacitive stylii and 3rd party wireless keyboards as most seem pretty ignorant of Win8, at least among older folks.

FWIW, to the OP, on a whim I picked up the new i7 tap 11. On paper its slower than the i7 in my Duo, but wow
    -Its really fast and for my use seems just as fast
    -Its really light and compact
    -The IR app and TV guide apps are great
    -Did I mention how compact it is?

I thought I wouldn't be able to give up all the ports, the extended battery option, and the lap-ability of the Duo's keyboard but so far the Tap 11 more then makes up. The Taps only fault is battery, which would probably be fixed next gen if Vaio weren't being spun out. I feel it'll probably be 2-3 more generations before the Surface Pro gets as slim and gains a bigger screen

MikeZ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.