Sony Vaio Flip PC

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Taikero, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for clearing up the confusion!

Regards, Jim

2. Bitech

Bitech Pen Pal - Newbie

Something to consider: In tablet mode the display is going to be uneven with the base
    ku-xlarge.jpg DSC_8347-1024_verge_super_wide_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg vaio_flip_13_right_edge.jpg

3. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Absolutely true. I think if one saw it in a positive light you would say it was "gently, ergonomically elevated".

4. alicepattinson

alicepattinson Scribbler - Standard Member

OMG the Sony Vaio Flip PC is so lovely. The features, the design and everything!!!!

5. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

As long as there is no flex when drawing in tablet mode, that slight angle is definitely a plus feature for artists. Try drawing on a flat screen on a table, it's a lot harder than if it's at a gentle angle, which is why a lot of people prop the device on top of their left hand a bit while at a desk in tablet mode.

thatcomicsguy and pictogramax like this.
  6. ogi

ogi Pen Pal - Newbie

Lo, it's on store now. Well, at least in Germany it is ;) They even offer a pink version next to black and silver ...

Just placed my order and it's supposed to arrive on Oct 22-23. It's the 15" version with "only" the 1920x1080 screen (and the i7-4500 with 8GB RAM and the 2GB 735m); I'll post again when it arrives!
    By the way, the warranty extension (from 2 to 4 years) was given for free as some kind of special offer.

Changing the HDD to SSD would have delayed the shipment until November so I plan to add the SSD on my own. I'd expect it to be a standard 2.5" form factor (since 1TB HDD is an option, too) - does anyone know specifics about this?

thatcomicsguy and stoneseeker like this.
  7. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Be careful there- my understanding was that that version doesn't have a pen or a digitizer. I thought it was only the high res 15" screen that had that ability, of the 15" options.

8. ogi

ogi Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the note - I had to order the pen separately and pay extra for it (around 40 Euros); the previews weren't really clear on that (most were saying that the pen is included with some models and not with others).
    The only difference on the configuration page is the resolution, but I guess I'll know for sure once it arrives (and I can send it back at no cost within 30 days without even stating a reason, so I'm quite relaxed).

9. Clerish

Clerish Pen Pal - Newbie

That's true if talking about the prebuilt models. It seems that there are no restrictions with customized versions.

10. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

That's so cool! A lot of people are really interested in this device and it's nice to have early adopters take the leap for the rest of us.

If I can make one request. . .

Even if it turns out that you hate the thing like poison, before immediately giving into the urge to purge and ship back to Sony, can you instead hang onto it for a couple of days in order to field questions from this forum? That would help a lot of people, I think, *especially* if it's a lousy machine.

Thanks!

(Fingers crossed that it's going to be good, though!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.