Sony Vaio Flip PC

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Taikero, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clerish

Clerish Pen Pal - Newbie

Check mobiletechreview's video of the Flip 13 for that matter. Near the end, Lisa shows the pen, and she says this issue has been fixed.

2. rpmlins

rpmlins Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anybody pre-ordered the customized version of the 15" ?? If so, please tell me the stimated shipping date.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  3. Undertow

Undertow Pen Pal - Newbie

While configuring your vaio flip, you get an estimated shipping date. The shipping date also depends on your configuration.
    I just ordered mine. Adding the 2880x1620 resolution added about a month to the shipping date... they expect to ship it by 24-27 december.

I noticed this thing while playing around at the different sony sites. Per country the added costs per configuration option differ significantly; in the usa to add the nvidia gt 735m adds $30 or $50 depending on your choice of ram, in the netherlands it adds €80 or €130; in the usa to up the resolution to 2880x1620 adds $300 in the netherlands this adds €100; there's also a price difference in the processor choice and the other options; In the netherlands you get the pink for free, in the usa it will cost you $20 extra... scandulous!!!! ;)

Clerish and ogi like this.
  4. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

In Canada, the 15a is once again an option.

And the 2880x1620 is no longer $300, but now only $150.

Still. . .

I ran some more tests with MS5 on my old system, and it's just so hard for me to love that program. It's so close, and yet so far. . . I've pretty much decided that I'll wait until they add support for Photoshop. I hope the rumors are true about that.

5. Flyingcircus

Flyingcircus Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm still full of hope that this can be fixed by 3rd party fan control software (or a driver fix) :3

Obviously the Haswells don't run very hot so this kind of fan action shouldn't technically be necessary.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Well. . , if fan control programs or low-power settings can't fix the noise, I'm sure a couple of resistors and ten minutes with a soldering iron can. The fan is easy to access on the 14a, so I would expect the same for the 15a.

I've done that kind of hack a couple of times now.

Not so good for the warranty, but in this loud and toxic world or ours, sanity comes at the price of having to fix other people's poor choices.

Houngan, Clerish, ogi and 1 other person like this.
  7. rpmlins

rpmlins Pen Pal - Newbie

I noticed that too, but after making a custom one, I was shoked to get the Estimated Ship Date to 11/25/2013.

4th gen Intel® Core™ i5-4200U (1.60GHz / 2.60GHz with Turbo Boost) (Added $80.00)
    Windows 8 64-bit
    No Fresh Start
    Microsoft® Office 2013 trial version
    15.5" Full HD IPS TRILUMINOS Display for mobile (1920 x 1080)
    Touch Screen
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 735M w/ Optimus (2GB) hybrid graphics (Added $50.00)
    500GB (5400rpm) hard drive
    8GB (4GB x2) DDR3L-1600MHz (Added $50.00)
    Active Pen (Added $40.00)
    Color: Aluminum Black

8. fl0werstar

fl0werstar Pen Pal - Newbie

BTW, just out of curiosity. Those of you who have black machines, is the color the result of surface treatment or is it more strogngly infused in the material? My hubby?s been asking me what I'd do if they sent me a black one by mistake, and I don't think I'd actually send it back, though I'm head over heals with the silver one. :)

9. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

I order a 15 incher on the 29th of Oct. The initial estimated shipping date was Dec 16. I called them and asked them what was the estimated shipping date now and they said that it should ship on the 25th of Nov as well. I think I will shoot them an email just to have it on "paper".

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

10. Undertow

Undertow Pen Pal - Newbie

btw before I placed my order at the sony website yesterday, I did a quick googling for coupon codes and found one for an 8% discount. It was for the dutch sony site and it worked. Maybe there are coupons on couponsites for other countries too. Worth a check imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.