Sony VAIO Duo 13 for Digital Art and Illustration

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by ArtofScottHarris, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Can you guys check somehting for me?

When running MS5 0.0.0 on my T902 (I haven't bothered to upgrade to the newest version yet) I run into an issue of unforgiveable lag on any brsuh over 100 pixels. It doesn't seem consistent with what I've read about how efficient the program is on low end systems, etc. Considering I have 16 gigs of RAM in here, you would think I would get great performance, but it lags and skips and behaves terribly compared to all my other creative software applications.

Perhaps I should simply upgrade, but can you guys tell me how much memory MS5 is taking up (enable the memory information window in MS5) when your drawing with large brushes, and if they lag if you try to scribble with it fast across a normal canvas (1920 x 1200 72 DPI)

Even when lagging and painting furiously my memory usage never goes above 11%. It simply doesn't use any of the resources of my computer. It's like it's stuck using only a very small portion of RAM even when it needs more. I can't see any options to enable or disable OpenGL either. Anyone tell me how much RAM MS5 is using for them according to the small memory info window within the program ? Thanks..

2. Snipe3000

Snipe3000 Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you guys know if N-trig devices can work with Zbrush now? or is it still not supported?

3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Nope sorry. Don't hold your breath.
    You can try e-mailing pixologic and ask if they even plan on releasing windows API ink drivers.
    Not even photoshop CC is supporting it yet, so who knows how long it will take smaller companies to adapt.

4. ArtofScottHarris

ArtofScottHarris Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all,

Tags: Adobe Photoshop N-Trig Wintab Pen Driver Now Released. N-Trig Wintab Drivers for 32 bit.

I can confirm Photoshop 32-bit versions working like a dream! Tested CC and CS6, works all the way up to CS2 apparently!

Here's a direct link to the driver, get it while it's HOT:

Sony eSupport - Electronics - Drivers & Software

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  5. aquafemina

aquafemina Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there,

I'm thinking of purchasing a Vaio Duo 13 for digital art/illustration purposes. What does the N-Trig pen still not work on?

And has anyone had any issues with the screen being upright in only that one position?

And has anyone used it and the Fujitsu T902? I have a T902 right now. It's a beautiful machine, but for various reasons, I would love to do the same stuff on a smaller/lighter machine if possible.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.