Sony VAIO Duo 11

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by excalibur1814, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Scrat

Scrat Pen Pal - Newbie

Mouse is reconnecting now. Just the HT820 bluetooth headset thats being a pain. Thats ancient though so its just as likely to be at fault.

Next question is, to remove the recovery partition or no? Its probably been done to death already but this is a long thread. Installed VisStudio overnight so I'm getting a little tight on space now. Got a recovery image made, but I'm wondering if generic win8 install would SLIC activate if it were needed?

Thanks
    Scrat

2. Scrat

Scrat Pen Pal - Newbie

Suspect SVD11s are too old and I wont get a response, but just in case.

Anyone hacked together some way of locking the SVD down without kensington support? I'd rather not have to bring it with me every time I go for a subway.

Thanks,
    Scrat

3. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey, just get a cable lock and wrap it around the hinge of the opened Duo. That should keep the Duo safe enough to keep in sight from a room's length. That's what I've done.

4. agua102

agua102 Pen Pal - Newbie

I upgraded my duo 11 t windows 8.1.
    As you may notice Metamoji Note Anytime for Vaio has disappeared. For me was the best software of the tablet.
    Is there a chance to recovered from the hidden partition for example.
    The best part was when the button in the pen was a selection for the notebook.

I saw the application on the windows market but I don't know how to configurate the buttons of the pen to do the sane things than in windows 8.

Thank you very much.

5. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone know which piece of Sony software controls the Assist Key and enables the tablet transition? I installed Win 10 this week, and sliding my duo closed to tablet mode does not give me option to automatically enable Win10 tablet mode nor does going the opposite disable tablet mode and stop the whole autorotation process.

6. Ashers

Ashers Pen Pal - Newbie

I have no idea, but transition is working for me in windows 10 (I just upgraded from 8.1). Is there any way I can tell what the application is that does that?

7. Scrat

Scrat Pen Pal - Newbie

Seems like the SVD11 may be incompatible with 1803.