Sony VAIO Duo 11

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by excalibur1814, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Ashers

Ashers Pen Pal - Newbie

It took them almost two months to replace the screen of my Duo 11. I've used Sony repair maybe 3 or 4 times, now, and they've never hard the part in stock. I have the feeling they don't keep any stock at all.

2. technikhaus

technikhaus Pen Pal - Newbie

So it's been barely two months, and mine's back at the repair agent :(
    This time for screen burn-in :(

[​IMG]

I'm aiming for a refund now, as I'm sick of having issues with this laptop, and plan to replace it with another macbook, as that was reliable for me last time :(

3. kiyu727

kiyu727 Pen Pal - Newbie

Good luck with the refund, if you can get it through I will try too.
    Got to admit, the screen burn-in is quite heavy when seen in person.
    But I cant get myself to turn it in as I do all my work on it and sending it in for like 2 weeks would cause serious problems :S
    Last month it has been reported that 2 Sony repair companies in germany closed due to money problems (with Sony ?) -__- so I expect long delay.

4. Jorj_X_McKie

Jorj_X_McKie Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry to hear you guys are having issues. So far, the only issues I have with my Duo 11 are Win8 related and hopefully will resolve with time/upgrades.

With the lack of retail outlets, it is getting much harder to get in-store help. I suspect this is one reason people are willing to pony up extra $ for Apple stuff. Now that there is a Microsoft Store in downtown PDX (they carry the Vaio Duo 13 too), I'll likely buy from them rather than Best Buy.

5. garion86

garion86 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys, it's a pretty old thread but I've just bought a vaio duo 11 so.. I've a little issues
    While I 'm playing some game I often see a refresh (like when you watch a video of an old crt screen) and also there is a brightness change (this issue aren't simultaneously)
    I've tried to turn off the automatic brightness but the issue still remain...

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk

6. garion86

garion86 Pen Pal - Newbie

And sorry for my English :)

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk

7. Scrat

Scrat Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all,

New VD11 owner. Had it just a couple months, bought second hand off a lad who upgraded to a surface 2.

She's no perfect beast, but for half the MSRP it was an ok deal. Is it normal for them to lose power at 10% batt. It seems like a fault to me (oh oh). It doesnt get a chance to sleep/hibernate a lot of the time, just immediately halts as if manually forced down.

Also thinking about expanding storage via a 64GB SDHC, anyone done this? Hows performance?

8. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

Your battery issue is not normal. You may want to run some battery capacity tests. Windows has some command line ones built in... google Windows battery report and you should find something.

9. Scrat

Scrat Pen Pal - Newbie

It warned me at 10 and 8% last cycle so I think its getting better batt stats with usage.

Bluetooth is being a right pain though. Everything else is working how I like it except bluetooth. When devices disconnect I often have to de-pair and re-pair.

10. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

Your Bluetooth issue also is not common. I can't remember any random disconnects in the entire year that I've had the Duo. I would try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers directly from Sony's website to see if that fixes your issues.