Sony VAIO Duo 11

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by excalibur1814, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corticoid

Corticoid Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine is slightly bent, too (no extensive use, though). I bent it back when it was warm by putting it on my knee and pushing the right upper corner and the left down corner a bit. Now it is straight again.

2. Corticoid

Corticoid Pen Pal - Newbie

For your understanding: Mine was bent at the bottom magnesium part

3. DeshMindER

DeshMindER Pen Pal - Newbie

I was misleading. Mine seems to be bent as well:

sony1.jpg

4. blister

blister Pen Pal - Newbie

I see a slight curve in the center. I think its that way so it can get over the spacebar smoothly as it opens/closes.

5. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well now that I take a closer look, I guess mine does have a really slight curve at the edge on the ends. But really slight and it's definitely not to help clear the keyboard since at the center the curve would be the closest to the space bar. But the curve is so slight it's hard to even see. It doesn't even barely cover a millimeter end to end.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

6. mself2

mself2 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello Everyone,
    This is my first time posting. I purchases a Duo 11 a few months ago and the OS crashed on me. I called Sony for assistance and they recommended I reformat the SSD. Before I format I would like to retrieve data I have on the SSD. The problem I'm having is finding out what data transfer cable is compatible with this original Toshiba SSD that was already inside the laptop. I called Sony and they couldn't help. I called Toshiba, and they too were not able to assist. I've already ordered to transfer cables but neither of them fit. Would anyone on here know what cable I need to purchase?

Thank you,

7. Clerish

Clerish Pen Pal - Newbie

8. jamonda

jamonda Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, friends.
    I have a serious issue with Sleep and/or Hibernation. From time to time, when I press the power button, the screen goes black but the power and wifi leds don't turn off. I can hear the cpu fan also and the hdd led blinking too, indicating that the is still on, but I can´t turn the LCD on again (when I press the power button nothing happens). Can anybody help me, please?

9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Can anybody help me, please?..>>

jamonda: I'm sure that we'd like to, but unless you provide a certain amount of background information, it won't be possible. Questions like: "...My tablet stopped working. What's wrong?..." don't give us anything to go on. Presumably, you are using a Duo 11 and you are running Windows 8? When did this problem start? Do you remember doing anything significant at the time, such as installing Windows updates, or some new software? Did you check to see that Hibernation is turned on (should be)? If you are using Windows 8, have you tried to Refresh your Duo? Please provide as much detail as you can about when this started and what you remember. Then, we might be able to help you.

Let me also take this opportunity to welcome you to the forum. Please take some time to skim over the various forums that interest you, and don't forget to look at some of the back pages. Thirty minutes or an hour of browsing will allow you to inspect the broad range of information that the membership has developed about tablets in general and the Duo 11 in particular...

10. jamonda

jamonda Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry. Yes, I have Windows 8 running. The problem started a few days after starting to use Vaio Duo. The computer freezed form time to time after pressing the power button: black screen but no power off, with leds blinking or solid. After searching the web I found the culprit: Kaspersky Antivirus 2013. I uninstalled it and everything is ok now. Actually almost everything, because I have wifi drops occasionally. Is there a definetely solution for wifi drops?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.