Sony VAIO Duo 11

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by excalibur1814, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

No. I thought the same thing. But I flipped my Duo over to compare. It actually looks like it's cut out around those. I have the sheet battery. It's kinda neat if u think about it because that means that maybe the sheet battery could still work with it? But then again, maybe not since the terminals still need to connect.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

2. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

FWIW, I realized that I may have not noticed screen burn-in when I first got the Duo because I kept the Start screen red. I later changed the start screen to grey and that's when I started noticing screen burn in. Now that I've recognized this, I've changed my start screen to blue, and screen burn in is no longer apparent. Its not *really* a fix, but it'll get those of us who are a bit particular about such issues by.

3. Pommie

Pommie Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't noticed any screen burn in yet *fingers crossed. I will keep my eyes open though. What Windows Apps are people using? Anything must have? I've got the token Dropbox, Box, Tune-in, Skype apps. Anything else I'm missing or should get?

4. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

MetroRadio (Pandora), gMaps (Google Maps), Stopwatch, Calculator+ HD, Netflix, Hulu, Calculator X8, and maybe MediaMonkey for local music

5. Airbus

Airbus Pen Pal - Newbie

My battery keeps charging even when it reached to 100% and also the Battery Care function doesn't work.
    I think it is the time to recalibrate the battery (fully discharge)

6. podam

podam Pen Pal - Newbie

Posted on Notebookreview but seems there are users on both side:)
    After few months of light use of my Vaio Duo 11, always carried carefully in paded backback pocket with care but I noticed yesterday when I tried to pack my heavy loaded camera bag that the laptop will be too tight so I removed it quickly and gave up.
    Coincidence or not, when looking from front view that my DUO is slightly curved right in the center trackpad area and extremity edges are tight enough that the small plastic bump are pressed. I don t remember having read review with this kind of odd shape. Can anyone confirm?

Looking carefully at the front when layed on a flat surface and gently press on the bottom case(aluminium and magnesium) and it doesn't bent at all and seems a lot sturdier than the screen surface itself.
    I did the same on the screen section (plastic bezel) and it bent too easily that I give it back it position at it should have been from the start. So only the upper screen part is bent.

I may be wrong,can anybody share his picture when looking at front view.
    Check below the pictures I took..
    DSC_0401.jpg DSC_0394.jpg DSC_0397.jpg DSC_0398.jpg

7. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Mines definitely not bent like that.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

8. DeshMindER

DeshMindER Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine is exactly like that. Never used in a backpack.

9. podam

podam Pen Pal - Newbie

Really? i ll be very grateful to you if you can upload a picture to compare.
    Hmmm i may need to place the DUO in a vise and force it back to his original shape, from magnesium i didn t expect it ll bent easily like this.

10. podam

podam Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks you guys! Deshminder I misunderstood your message above, so your VAio exhibit the same shape in the center? I am reassured right now , mine is about 6 months old and originally bought in Japan, it can happen after some time .
    Can you post a picture? Many thanks

Sent from Xperia S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.