Sony VAIO Duo 11

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by excalibur1814, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pommie

Pommie Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for that, I'm assuming that with the case being for a 13" macbook, there would be a fair bit of left over room width ways. I think I'll head down to the local Apple shop and try a few of their cases with the Duo. I accept the fact that there aren't going to be really any cases that fit the strangish dimensions of the Duo like a glove.

2. Pommie

Pommie Pen Pal - Newbie

Something like this might do the trick.

http://rushfaster.com.au/product/built-ny/12-13-laptop-sleeve-black/3599/

The dimensions are for a MacBook Air 13" though, so it's going to be big for the Duo 11. Nice and padded though which is something I'm keen on for protection.

There are some cheapo neoprene cases around the $8 - 10 mark for a 12" generic case on Ebay. Might be worth investigating as well, although I don't think they'll do a very good job of protecting it.

3. bam3000

bam3000 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am going to do some Win 8 development, should I buy the DUO or my current SVZ model can do the job?
    I didn't upgrade yet mine to Win 8, because I keep hearing that SVZ models not totally Win 8 compatible.
    Your suggestion will be appreciated.

4. anfederin

anfederin Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello.
    Intel has release a new drivers for hd4000 than promise best performance (about 30 %). You can donwload from Intel web...
    ...but when tried to install, said that our duo 11 has not the hardware compatible.

I remember than in my previous laptock I can install drivers from desktops devices changing some "inf" files...anyone knows about some trick to install in our duo???

Thanks.

5. Pommie

Pommie Pen Pal - Newbie

Very interesting... A 30% battery increase sounds a bit far fetched, but would be awesome non the less! I'd say we'll have to wait for a Sony Vaio update, which will probably take a while. In regards to modifying inf files to get it working, I'm no sure to be honest.

6. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

He said 30% "performance" increase. I don't think he meant battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

7. Pommie

Pommie Pen Pal - Newbie

Awkward, completely misread that one! In that case, any reports on what this supposed 30% performance increase is going to do to the battery life?

8. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

No worries, I figured you had.

Depends on how they achieved the increase in performance. Simply optimizing the drivers shouldn't have a significant impact on battery life, but stranger things have happened. And again, without knowing how they achieved the performance increase its hard to say. Will be interesting to see.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

9. Corticoid

Corticoid Pen Pal - Newbie

For Intel HD 4000 driver updates in the past I just downloaded the .zip or .rar file (not the executable file) and then installed it manually by the Windows system panel...tried it not for this recent update though...

10. alicepattinson

alicepattinson Scribbler - Standard Member

WOW! the Eclipse Touch mouse is pretty cool :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.