Sony VAIO Duo 11

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by excalibur1814, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeshMindER

DeshMindER Pen Pal - Newbie

I did notice this on Monday. But was hoping that it was just a glitch.

The direct link still works for those who need it.

http://www.n-trig.com/files/Sony_Win8.zip

2. ajamils

ajamils Pen Pal - Newbie

3. pooketz

pooketz Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello!

Thanks for sharing the driver, though it doesn't resolve my pen pressure issue with Photoshop - still none! I've set up the brush settings in CS3 but doesn't work there, or in SAI, or Zbrush ._.
    Can you think of anything I might be doing wrong or perhaps tell us of your specific steps in installing the driver?

Best,
    Chris

4. FenderP

FenderP Scribbler - Standard Member

5. Pommie

Pommie Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys,

I'm verging on picking up an i5 Sony Vaio Duo 11 this weekend. Just trying to find out about battery life. I understand that the Duo will get about 5 hours with Wifi on and a video constantly looping, this I've gathered from multiple reviews. What I'm trying to get a better idea of is standby time and everyday use. For example, how do you go about putting the laptop into standby? With my iPad and Asus Tf700 I simply close the screen or hit the power button once to put it to sleep. Then when I want to use it again, I tap the power button and its awake. How does the Duo compare to this? Do I tap the power button to put it to sleep/standby?

I like to keep my tablet in the bag, love how I can put it to sleep, throw it in my bag, and know that in a few days it'll still have battery life left and will instantly awake from sleep. Now I know the Duo is using proper Intel guts, but can someone shed some light for me on everyday use, ie how long I'll be able to get with it in standby sitting in my bag? Based on this, I'll be picking one up this weekend to replace my Asus TF700.

6. alicepattinson

alicepattinson Scribbler - Standard Member

works very fine! thank you :)

7. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sleep works very well. I use it all the time. There's a few ways to put it to sleep but the easiest is to just push the power button. When you're ready, push it again and it wakes right up. Works quite well.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

8. duo11user

duo11user Pen Pal - Newbie

Saw a couple of you guys ask about the autorotation lockup. I had the same problem too and Sony online rep wasn't able to do squat for me. In fact I found them to be lacking in basic human comprehension skills and technical skills.

Anyway, fixed it this morning by manually updating the BIOs of my Duo 11 to R1061C7 from the preloaded R1060C7, and the problem is solved.
    To perform the update, click red ASSIST button - VAIO Software (tab) - VAIO Update - Check for Updates. Manually download and install the new bios and restart!

The driver issue with Intel WiDi can be fixed by the new Intel driver at the same location too. (Version 3.1.XXXXX...)

9. Pommie

Pommie Pen Pal - Newbie

Awesome, thanks for the reply! How do you find the battery life is affected whilst the tablet is asleep? Could I put it away and it'll last a week?

10. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

My pleasure.

I'm sure you could, although I've never tried. The question is how much battery would be left at the end of a week since even in sleep it still trickles a fair amount of juice. Personally, the longest I've gone is a couple days and still had a few hours of battery life when I woke it up. But not sure about a week. I'd love to test that for you, but unfortunately I can't go a whole week without my tablet ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.