Sony VAIO Duo 11

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by excalibur1814, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skallal

skallal Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner, but it looks like I had a similar problem. In my case I was getting random touches on the left center edge of the screen. I got it solved by sending it back and getting a replacement. But that wasn't done very easily. I bought it at the Microsoft store and they sent it back to Sony, and make a long story short it took about five weeks before I got mine back. And it is the slightly newer model with the faster processor.

I sure hope my new one doesn't go do this again. Five weeks is just too long. If it had not been for my personal use but for business it would really have been a problem. Oddly enough I used it as my software development machine at work for a few weeks, and just before it died I got a nice i7 desktop from Lenovo at work. That really scares me. In a business environment you really need to have an immediate replacement when a machine breaks down.

2. ajamils

ajamils Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks but that's what I'm trying to avoid (two carrying cases). I would like to have one carrying case that can accommodate Duo 11 and adapter, in smallest possible form factor.

3. FenderP

FenderP Scribbler - Standard Member

Like I mentioned before, that would be the Porter case from Japan made for the Duo. I got mine the other day and love it.

4. ajamils

ajamils Pen Pal - Newbie

Which website did you order it from? Also, can you post some pictures?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

5. FenderP

FenderP Scribbler - Standard Member

NO time to take pics at the moment. Got it direct from Japan via an importer. The link I posted does have some pics of it if you want an idea.

6. spangler

spangler Pen Pal - Newbie

hey guys,

I just bought vaio duo 11 a couple months ago for my dad and it comes with a free extended battery. I was wondering if you guys have any problem with the extended battery before ? It is said that battery is not present when I insert it.

The pc is currently not in my possession so I can't see it with my own eyes what is the problem.

Thanks.

7. kiyu727

kiyu727 Pen Pal - Newbie

It only says that for me when I start the Duo while the extended battery is empty.

8. pagugu

pagugu Pen Pal - Newbie

You may need to make sure that the "hold' latch is on as well.

9. dome1234

dome1234 Pen Pal - Newbie

I noticed that the sony duo 11 is missing from the list of supported drivers:

Downloads & Drivers - N-trig

I downloaded an updated driver for the pen before from the site.

10. anfederin

anfederin Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi dome, can you upload and share it?

Im tryiing to run photoshop but when I touch with pen...oh oh, photoshop freeze about 30 seconds :(
    I guess that the problema comes by driver of pen. Im looking for this driver in the sony support web...but I dont found it.

Thanks a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.