Sony VAIO Duo 11

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by excalibur1814, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Airbus

Airbus Pen Pal - Newbie

It won't register the stylus until I tap the screen with my finger, is it normal?

Thank you very much

2. kiyu727

kiyu727 Pen Pal - Newbie

I hope by now you realized, he meant the actual stylus/pen.

No, once the stylus is in range/near the screen, the device should ignore your finger taps. So it definitely sounds unusual from your discription.

3. Airbus

Airbus Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks,
    btw, what is "Sony Wireless State Device"
    Couldn't find what it is on google...

Thank you very much

4. Airbus

Airbus Pen Pal - Newbie

nvm, just found out it is the GPS

5. artsjedi

artsjedi Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, my screen is getting a random touch in the upper left conner.
    It is quite annoying !!! anyone have this trouble ? I would like to know how to solve it.

Thanks.!

6. AveSharia

AveSharia Scribbler - Standard Member

From the Problems with Sony Vaio Duo 11 thread, it's a hardware issue. Hope you're in your return window.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. artsjedi

I dont think so... in this case i must solve it by myself.... Anyone get this ???

8. artsjedi

OK .! i just downloaded the new driver from n-trig.com.. and it SOLVES the problem.

however it still dosent Works with photoshop

9. kamesh419

kamesh419 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

Anybody has a problem with Firefox tabbar being too bulky. I have the following problem for which I have reported a bug in Firefox. If you also have the same problem then may be you can give your inputs either here or on firefox bugzilla.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=835541

Please let me know.

Cheers,
    Naveen.

10. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all. Finally decided to get a Duo 11. Found one only 1 month old selling for €750 with the Vaio case. Its a US model with i5, 128gb & 6gb ram. Compared to the usual price of around €1150 in Ireland I can't say no (although Sony Ireland are doing a free upgrade to i7 & 8gb at the moment). The one thing that I know will kill me is the battery life and possibly the pointer. So I ask

1) Anyone recommend an external battery (not the slate) that will work with the Duo. The reason is it won't be my only device to be carried. Any combination of iphone, ipad, vita, Vaio TT, Vaio P, Asus Ea800 or Playbook depending on the days work or play will be joining it in the bag so need something that will suit the other bits as well.
    2) Can the Duo be charged with the Vaio P charger as I've heard muted.
    3) Can the optical pointer be set to mimic a physical trackpoint in the sense of something like, swipe to the left and by stopping but not releasing your finger the pointer continues in that direction. I'm coming from the Vaio P and I'm in spite of reviews the trackpoint is extremely usable once practiced.
    4) Apologies for asking this as I'm sure the answer is on thread but can I upgrade the ram from 6gb.
    5) Can the MS duo and SD slot be used simultaneously.
    6) Some reviewers have opined that the Duo is optimised for speed over battery. Anyone stripped Win 8 down to only necessary processes or used something like Process Lasso. On my Vaio TT I have seen battery life improvement on Win 7 using it and its free.

Thanks to all in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.