Sony VAIO Duo 11

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by excalibur1814, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flipfan

flipfan Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I have a Duo for about a week. Love all of it, and the little side issues are not a big deal, as most everything seems to have a workaround. Coming back to Windows after about 4 years on a mac...

Question: anyone have issues where the N-Trig does not register with the digitizer unless you either tap the screen or waggle it around for about 1 full second?

I have had the same experience twice now. When I unboxed and after a full factory reset - the pen works great for about a day, and then starts to slow down on recognition to the point where it takes about a full second to recognize.
    - I would have guessed software issues, but i also have a horrible key doubling problem that i only quelled using the Ease of Access trick
    - i tried the ntrig drivers released on 1/8/13 but on the first go-round it seemed to make it worse.

Any advice? Is this normal N-trig behavior?
    Thanks,
    Stephen

2. benjaminleroux

benjaminleroux Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey All,
    /
    Been a happy user of my duo 11 since it came out... but I do have a question... did anyone notice the start screen is limited to 3 rows of tiles only? I have my resolution set to 1920x1080... but the start screen does not seem to take that into account... if I drop my resolution one notch down, I got to 5 or 6 rows... anybody have an idea? At that resolution, I should be able to have 6 rows of tiles..

help!!!!

3. skallal

skallal Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, I have the same problem. I've read that it due to the dpi of the screen. I do get 6 rows when using an external monitor as the ONLY monitor.

4. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, its controlled by a registry entry on monitor size.
    Here you go
    :http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...t-screen/5e497c6b-230c-4440-9d5e-5d24aa1e9730

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Scaling]

"MonitorSize"="15.4" or try 13 or even 12.1 according to the page.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  5. cuco

cuco Pen Pal - Newbie

has anybody her already switched the ssd drive sucessfully?

6. artsjedi

artsjedi Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine doesent have a fluorescente lamp and it is not plugged in. however it is Always getting a radom tuch in upper-left border.

Anyone find a solution for this ??

7. podam

podam Pen Pal - Newbie

I just checked on my fresh restored DUO 11 the MSCONFIG panel and it is set to selective startup instead of Normal startup, and since i never change anything before can anybody check on their DUO is the setting is similar??

Thanks in advance

8. kiyu727

kiyu727 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ye, mine is set to selective as well, didnt change it myself.

9. podam

podam Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Kiyu for your quick feedback, i was afraid i did something wrong but seems sony decide to go with this.
    On my other vaio laptop i checked it is set to normal.... ll keep this setting goind since like you i didnt change it myself.

10. skallal

skallal Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey thanks sonus911! I tried it and now I'm at least able to get 5 rows on the touchscreen. I also did the other registry hack where you put in the value for maximum row count. (http://www.eightforums.com/tutorial...etro-apps-change-number-rows-windows-8-a.html) I am more than happy with five rows.

One added benefit is now my touch keyboard is sizing itself properly. It has been getting narrow only covering about half of the width of the screen. If I recall correctly, the problem didn't start until I started using an external monitor. Between the two registry tweaks, I'm able to get full width on the keyboard now. Of course with the Duo 11, the touch keyboard really isn't a big deal.

Kudos to this thread for giving us information pertinent to the Duo 11!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.