Sony VAIO Duo 11

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by excalibur1814, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dome1234

dome1234 Pen Pal - Newbie

anyone knows how to turn off the pen hovering pointer? I've been going through the settings, can't find it anywhere. I prefer the pen to touch the panel. it seems to have some lag as well...

2. ArtInvent

ArtInvent Pen Pal - Newbie

In ArtRage itself you can turn off touch while leaving the pen on. That's how I prefer to use it. I haven't seen any other apps where you can do that. I wouldn't turn touch off globally because it's pretty useful otherwise, so just turning it off in AR works out well.

In other pen programs it's true that if you have the pen in hover range then touch will not register. It takes a bit more training and patience for me to operate that way, but you eventually get the swing of it.

3. mobil

mobil Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi. I've got this model last month and I've noticed that my touch screen upper-left corner is ramdonly self-clicking .
    I tried to calibrate it, turn off/on the touch screen device, reinstall the OS, just did all the upgrades and the problem still remains.

Does anyone know how to fix it? It's really bothering me, apart from that it's perfect.

4. phenoyz

phenoyz Pen Pal - Newbie

5. kiyu727

kiyu727 Pen Pal - Newbie

The german Sony store actually claims 6,5 hours without extensions and 13 hours with extension battery....

Its in german, at the bottom of the site.

SVD1121P2E | VAIO

6. Seligman

Seligman Pen Pal - Newbie

That is happenig here too. I seems to be an interference of the Active Clip feature, which keeps autoativacting :-/
    It is inferferring with the touchscreen and the optical trackpad, making the Duo 11 pretty unusable :-(

7. mobil

mobil Pen Pal - Newbie

For me, I've noticed that a gray circle appears whenever the self-clicking happens (the same when the user touches with his finger).
    The Active Clip function works fine here.
    I`m afraid it`s a hardware issue, in my case.

8. Seligman

I have an interesting experience to share:

Yesterday I noticed that the top-left-autoclick started at approximately at same time that the day before, when I had to turn on a LAMP near the Duo. I tried to turn the lamp off , and presto! The auto click ended, with no need to restart the computer or anything. However I could not reproduce this experiment. Do you perharps have a lamp near the Duo too?

9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I tried to turn the lamp off , and presto! The auto click ended...>>

Selig: By any chance, was this a fluorescent lamp (or possibly a lamp with an electronic dimmer)? If so, this is a well-known electromagnetic interference (EMI) problem with touch screen technology. Similar problems can appear if your AC adapter produces too much electrical noise in its DC output. AC adapter which use "switcher" technology (most AC adapters, these days) are particularly troublesome in this regard and require careful filtering of the output...

10. Seligman

Hi Steve,

YES, it is a fluorescent lamp, placed here on my table and directly above the Duo!
    I did not knew about this effect, and after a brief google research I found out that iPhone touchscreeens get crazy too, near flurescent lamps!
    I think I do not have problems with the AC adapter, so I think the source of the problem is really my fluorescent lamp.
    Now I will remember to not use it when I use the Duo.
    Thank you VERY MUCH for the info, I think that the mistery is solved!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.