Sony VAIO Duo 11

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by excalibur1814, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montague

Montague Pen Pal - Newbie

hey guys does anyone know how to make the pen and palm work better on drawing when they are all touching the screen, i did a couple drawings in art range, whenever i move my palm along the screen (still touching without lifting off), i sometimes get touch recognition resulting in some unwanted mark making on the canvas, is this normal?

2. titi123

titi123 Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone use external DVD drive connected to Duo 11? I am going to install retail software that comes in DVD ROM, so have to buy one, just wonder whether Duo 11 support it or not.....

3. AveSharia

AveSharia Scribbler - Standard Member

I have actually had a very good experience with the palm rejection... So long as you don't lift the pen above where it registers as a cursor, your palm shouldn't be making marks. It does take some practice, though, I'll give you that... Are you getting palm marks even without lifting the pen?

4. Ashers

Ashers Pen Pal - Newbie

I've used mine with a external DVD burner without any problems. I think any USB-based external drive will work fine.

5. Montague

Montague Pen Pal - Newbie

No I am not getting any palm marks without lifting the pen, I guess you are right I just need more practice I guess everyone has different pen holding style when they draw or write. Though I will be appreciated if there is an option in the windows os that allows you to temporary turn off the touch screen gestures

6. titi123

titi123 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, Ashers. I am searching one now......

7. kiyu727

kiyu727 Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know how to change the settings for the buttons on the pen? I keep activating Active Clip while drawing which is quite frustrating...

8. holiseed

holiseed Pen Pal - Newbie

same problem here ..

9. fixedtrd

fixedtrd Pen Pal - Newbie

I got my Duo yesterday and so far its been great.
    Any of you guys got the extended accidental warranty from Sony and do you think its worth it?

10. marchatem

marchatem Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello guyz i want to buy the duo 11 but i am worried that it's size will not be comfortable for autocad and 3ds max usage . can anyone tell me what he thinks about using autocad or 3ds max in this device .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.