Sony VAIO Duo 11

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by excalibur1814, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Odd it's not like that with my ThinkPad, but it could be the version of n-trig I'm using is newer/different than what's on the slate 500.

2. 2disbetter

2disbetter Function over Form

You know I can understand the hesitation n-trig might induce, but in all seriousness, windows 8 requires touch to be perfect. So as long as they have that nailed down, I can live with a less than perfect stylus. By less than perfect I mean a stylus that has a few quirks. If the tracking and precision is decent I can live with replacing batteries or changing nubs. We'll see.

2d

3. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

It appears that the Duo 11 is replacing the Vaio Z as the flagship of the Vaio lineup. This bodes well for the build quality and attention to detail on the Duo 11, but not so well for its starting price.

http://www.sony.jp/vaio/2012_autumn/pdf/spec.pdf

4. 2disbetter

I read on engadget that the jp price would put it at over $1800. They however speculated that the state side price would be lower.

On another note, that resolution is awesome. No comment on the screen ratio, but the number of pixels is a big improvement over the norm especially in that size.

2d

5. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Japanese prices are always far higher than US prices. I'm betting $1200-$1500 for the Duo 11 here.

All current Vaios and essentially all Windows 8 tablets are 16:9.

6. 2disbetter

Yes that would be my complaint and reason for not commenting on it. Lack of horizontal pixels is a trend I find very stupid.

2d

7. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

...just making sure that your complaint was something generalized to the entire computer industry right now and not specific to this particular model...

8. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

9. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Two USB-3 ports as well. I prefer detachables, but this slider has an impressive configuration.

10. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I am sold, unless the digitizer on this proves to be bad. I am also sure after December you can get a base one from Amazon or Sony store for about $950.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.