Sony Duo Discontinued??

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by BadGrim, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadGrim

BadGrim Pen Pal - Newbie

so, I was looking at buying one soon.
    Everyone is either 'out of stock' or the stores say 'no longer available'

2. Donsell

Donsell Pen Pal - Newbie

They just announced new models at CES so I don't think tits been discontinued. Sony has the i7 in stock on their website.

3. thetruth1983

thetruth1983 Scribbler - Standard Member

I've been calling my local Microsoft store since after christmas and they haven't gotten any in stock. They took the display model down and keep telling me its discontinued. I just assumed that the demand was high and that they may start back stocking it soon.

4. kiyu727

kiyu727 Pen Pal - Newbie

Id be glad if it went discontinued, would have a real collectible then :D

5. Jgonzo432

Jgonzo432 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well I've been searching for the Duo online for the past few weeks. I chatted with Sony customer service which said I should call a Sony store for more info. I called the Sony store in McLean, VA and asked if there were any Duos available. They called me back a few hours later and said that there are no Duos in stock anywhere in the country and they don't expect to receive any until new models arrive towards the end of February or early March. I don't understand how Sony can advertise the Duo all over their site and not have any available for months. I guess I'm going to have to look for something else...

6. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Maybe they are working on a "refresh" with the 10W Ivy Bridge. It would be strange for them to discontinue device that was released only 3 months ago.

7. Jgonzo432

Jgonzo432 Pen Pal - Newbie

I hope so. Although I'd rather have the new ULV non Y chips.

8. Alchemist

Alchemist Scribbler - Standard Member

You would think, but I recently bought an HP (dec 15th), had a problem with it and called HP for an exchange... they couldn't because they had already stopped producing that model and had nothing comparable for sale any more. That products life was less than a month. Its getting wierd folks.

9. thetruth1983

thetruth1983 Scribbler - Standard Member

Just keep checking. I got lucky last week and say that JR.com was selling the i5 model through Amazon for 1199. I bought it last week and got it on Friday. I also noticed around the same time that tigerdirect and the official only sony store had it in stock. I think they just can't keep up with the demand right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.