Someone finally doing a MPP portable monitor but with Holy sh*te specs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shogmaster, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

YVerloc likes this.
  2. Shogmaster

I would back this in a heartbeat if it was Wacom EMR lol. How bout a Wacom EMR version Ken? :D

The trend seems like someone like Sammy is headed this path too. S7+ is practically a 12" version of this but with bonus SoC and Android in tow. lolz

artistebot and WillAdams like this.
  3. Shogmaster

I almost went for the KS. But I can't convince myself to spend that much on an MPP device. EMR or bust. The 15.6" size is damn tempting, but Samsung is offering $500 trade in for my S6 that I spent $550 couple months ago towards S7+ for Black Friday at their website so that makes more sense for me. I can use the S7+ as a tablet or a pen display. More flexible.

4. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

The super early bird price is... Interesting.
    If it ever comes to retail price though, I don't know: it's just too close to the Cintiq Pro 16 price then.

Shogmaster likes this.
  5. Pepper Jobs Ken

Pepper Jobs Ken Scribbler - Standard Member

It will appear in retail channels through our distributors, however, the price will be a lot higher for sure, import taxes, their margins, margins for retailers, etc.

6. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

An impossible dream. You're asking the company to ask Wacom to give it an EMR digitiser which would undercut Wacom's own devices.
    Wacom don't even do that for mega companies without some form of crippling.

7. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Actually they have twice. Both the Dell Canvas and the Lenovo Lt1423p conceptually could have undercut Wacom’s own devices. In case of that latter, that 13.3 inch Lenovo Pen/Touch monitor was hot garbage. the worst implementation of EMR I’ve ever seen. Anyone who bought that expecting it to be an alternative to a low cost Cintiq would have been horribly disappointed (as I was).

eyelabs likes this.
  8. Shogmaster

If Samsung and S pen didn't exist, I would tend to agree with you.

If hypothetically I would be in Ken's shoe and attempted a Wacom EMR device, i would try to partner with Samsung and not Wacom. I'm sure they currently are dealing more with HP than MS for the MPP panels used.

9. Pepper Jobs Ken

Pepper Jobs Ken Scribbler - Standard Member

In reality, MPP 2.0 is our best choice at the moment, we shall spend the coming week optimizing its performance and provide an update. We can at least make it better than other solutions of the same kind on the market even though it's not EMR.

10. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The Dell Canvas if you read "thatcomicsguy" was crippled in some aspects and not a true competitor to a Cintiq. The Lt1423p is as you say a poor implementation - I didn't say Wacom wouldn't sell to a rival who was selling cheaper - I said it would be crippled somehow.

As above - Samsung Spen is a device not on par with Cintiqs. It's the step down (and thus crippled) in comparison with Wacom's high end.

I just think always asking for EMR is a dead end - why not just buy a Wacom and invest in a Wacom if that's all you want? At least if MPP is getting better and better, it will become a rival.
    there are still plenty of artists who will swear that iPad Pro is no match for a Cintiq but any iPad is "dead on" cursor accurate in comparison to EMR. I've said it for years, Azzart has said it for years on this forum. EMR is no match for accurately hitting a small Bezier curve handle first time on a vector drawing under any circumstance. And as for tilt - I've not ever seen anything on any platform that can rival tilt on an iPad in ProCreate.