Someone finally doing a MPP portable monitor but with Holy sh*te specs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shogmaster, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

YVerloc and sonichedgehog360 like this.
  2. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  3. sonichedgehog360

It is MPP 2.0. It is also confirmed, as I had long suspected, to be using HP's raved reviewed 2020 ENVY 15 OLED panel.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    WillAdams, Shogmaster and nnthemperor like this.
  4. Shogmaster

I would back this in a heartbeat if it was Wacom EMR lol. How bout a Wacom EMR version Ken? :D

The trend seems like someone like Sammy is headed this path too. S7+ is practically a 12" version of this but with bonus SoC and Android in tow. lolz

5. Shogmaster

I almost went for the KS. But I can't convince myself to spend that much on an MPP device. EMR or bust. The 15.6" size is damn tempting, but Samsung is offering $500 trade in for my S6 that I spent $550 couple months ago towards S7+ for Black Friday at their website so that makes more sense for me. I can use the S7+ as a tablet or a pen display. More flexible.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  6. sonichedgehog360

I agree that EMR would make it absolute perfection but the issue for this first generation would be sourcing a readily available OLED display unit that already has an integrated EMR digitizer. Because there is (to my knowledge) no 15.6" OLED laptop display currently made with EMR, they would have huge upfront costs to get a custom display unit made. Maybe if this first generation is popular enough, @Pepper Jobs Ken can cut a deal with the manufacturer to integrate EMR in a future design. Economies of scale is a hard thing to pull off for a small company that does not have the clout or reach of the likes of Microsoft or Samsung and especially so on the first go. But yes, EMR would make this pure perfection and an end game OLED display to rule all portable displays, and I hope they pursue this idea further.

7. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

The super early bird price is... Interesting.
    If it ever comes to retail price though, I don't know: it's just too close to the Cintiq Pro 16 price then.

Shogmaster likes this.
  8. Pepper Jobs Ken

Pepper Jobs Ken Pen Pal - Newbie

It will appear in retail channels through our distributors, however, the price will be a lot higher for sure, import taxes, their margins, margins for retailers, etc.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  9. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

An impossible dream. You're asking the company to ask Wacom to give it an EMR digitiser which would undercut Wacom's own devices.
    Wacom don't even do that for mega companies without some form of crippling.

10. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Actually they have twice. Both the Dell Canvas and the Lenovo Lt1423p conceptually could have undercut Wacom’s own devices. In case of that latter, that 13.3 inch Lenovo Pen/Touch monitor was hot garbage. the worst implementation of EMR I’ve ever seen. Anyone who bought that expecting it to be an alternative to a low cost Cintiq would have been horribly disappointed (as I was).